Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
The usual stuff applies. Head work, no cams available, not enough interest or there would be. That's the case with anything drastic on the MR motors. Same with the 2.0 Sentra's, everyone just fluffed off the MR20 motor and dispatched it as being too conservative, or designed all around fuel economy. Well yes as most econobox 4 bangers were designed for fuel ecomony and efficiency, but in particular they are not really screamer motors. The long runners on the manifold probably can't supply enough air after 6500 RPM.

There is a lighter aluminum crank pulley for the motor, some people said they felt a significant difference and some said no difference at all.

Just check out Versaspeed.com, they're pretty much the leading edge as far as performance stuff. Lot of stuff you have to go it alone though on this car, part of the fun to me

I bet you valvetrain parts from other motors likely fit, the homework hasn't been done for you on these like for Honda motors, which have covered every possible mod in existence.

If you feel spendy, Impul sells a performance ECU and throttle body, for like $1500 bucks (with core trade in, way more without), with no dyno charts that i could find...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.