Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 9 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, although it is a quick way to check if you don't have a scan tool in the car and you want to check if you seem to have a problem.
I just tried in on my Note and it took me a few tries to get it to work. Actually, after you turn the ignition to the ON position,( do not start the car) the car chimes 3 times, and the seat belt light goes out in the 3 seconds, pump the pedal 5 times and wait 7 seconds, then put the pedal to the floor and within 10 seconds the check engine light starts to pulse the codes if any.

I assume it works on all Nissan Products. Nice that the Nissan engineers did this for owners that don't have access to a scan tool. I won't replace Nissan Consult III <grin> but the ECM does talk to you in sign language.

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rob: I knew I saw this info somewhere but could not put it together.

I do have a Scangauge II but it is 100 miles away. I just purchased the EM327 Wifi unit on ebay and will see how it works with the Iphone. Not expecting very much.

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered the Wifi model ELM327. I think the bluetooth model is not supported on the Iphone.

I was going to use Gopoint but then found you had to use their unit.

I found an app called Engine Link in the App Store $5.99 will give it a try at that price.

1 - 5 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.