Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals

Been a long time since I posted here but I thought I would ask all of you if you have any ideas about this problem. When I start my 09 Versa with the 1.6 cold it screams like a belt is slipping but stops after a second maybe two. Now if I come home from work then go back out afterwards it won't do it or if it does it is very quiet and definitely not as long.

I've heard so many different opinions whether it is the starter, fan belt (or something connected too) and even a cam bearing haha. I'm so lost and a shop I took it to for other unrelated issues couldn't figure it out either

Thanks in Advance!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
with the engine cold and off of course, remove the belt. Try spinning the pulleys and tensioner pulleys by hand. Make sure they all spin freely and smooth. The crank pulley obviously won't spin but the others should. Inspect the belt for rips, cracks and dry rot. Replace the belt if worn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.