Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group,

Trying to fix my son’s 2007 versa. We bought it new for my wife and last few yers back become be a youngest son commuter.

Now...

Son towed car home and said, engine is stalling.

We replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and coils, crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. I cleaned TB and checked for vacuum leaks.

We have fuel coming to chambers and getting sparks on plugs.

Engine start for about 1-2 seconds and stall.

I out of the possible causes... anybody can help?

Thx

·
Registered
57 Posts
This may be tough because it sounds like you fired the parts cannon at it, and could have inadvertently added additional problems.

1) Are there any code that you know of. With a light, or pending?
2) Do you have a scan tool can look at some of the PID's (car data)?
3) When you start the car, put your hand over the tail pipe, do you feel some good puffs of air coming out before it stalls?
4) Try a different key, maybe the chip in the key is flaking out or failing.
5) Was there any work, no matter how minor, that was done to the car shortly before the stalling started?

I'm agreeing with pimperell, and leaning towards some type of fuel issues.
You said you've replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter? Aren't the fuel pump and filter one unit for that year? I don't have an 07 so I might be making stuff up :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No codes...

I will try secondary key, but car wouldnt start if there’s a problem with immobilizer.

I was thinking same way about diesel mixed with gas... aren’t diesel filing nozzle thicker so wont fit gas cars?

Car has around 100k.
Also, it has exhaust leak but after cat, somi don't think that could be a problem.

I think, when i started it last night after position sensors replacement, when engine was running for about a min at hi RPMs (about 2500), i could see a smoke coming out of the exhaust. So, i think, i was too rich of gas...

When im cranking without the plugs in ( have plug inserted to coil) i can see sparks and also, can see injectors spraying...

I did not changed fuel pump and filter, i have to double check that...
If there is two lines coming in to filter, which i think is also fuel pressure regulator, lines might be switched...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, there is not much info online about versa...
it looks like fuel pump has fuel regulator and filter in same unit...grrrrr...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not. I did not.

Engine started only once for that loooong minute 😉
Since than, im getting only second or two...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm

No error codes.

There was only P0304 ... misfire on 4th cylinder.

I did TB relearn but no change.

Still one sec run than stall...

·
Registered
674 Posts
No error codes.

There was only P0304 ... misfire on 4th cylinder.

I did TB relearn but no change.

Still one sec run than stall...
Possibility of fuel contamination I.E. water in the fuel. I would try to add one of the better fuel additives.

Here is a list of symptoms that one can find when water enters the gas or fuel tank.

Reduction in Car's Mileage. Water getting inside the car's gas tank can decrease the motor power gradually. ...
Sudden Stalling of Engine. ...
Engine Won't Start at All! ...
Trouble Accelerating the Car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, ill try to pump out the gas...
but still...
It starts and than stalls...
I think, it would run rough but this run for a sec and than dies... looks more like electrical problem... some of the sensors went bad...
Too bad, there is no check engine light on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a weird moment like this once i was driving down the road and the car whent into a limp mode for about a block and then died. Did something simular where itnwould kind of start then stall right out. I pulled all the fuses out (no test light on me) and after seeing they were all good i was upset. But then I just turned the key and it started havent had that problem since I dont know if this will help or not but I figure its worth a shot.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would be grilling the son about how car came to be that way, pretty uncommon to show up like that suddenly since you have already serviced the parts likely to have fixed a sudden issue.

If you have tried to start it enough the not running will positively wet the plugs out to then not start easy and die easy. Pull them to see if they are wet. Your perceived rich issue, ALL cars start rich but go to running fast enough to burn the plugs off clean, if they cannot run due to other reason the plugs quickly wet out. Then car only runs like crap for a second to die even if nothing is wrong with it. May need more plugs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
8 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing