Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the plugs on the Versa and when I went to start it, it would start then stop. It makes a popping noise and cuts out. I have serviced other cars before and never had this problem. I then noticed that the plugs I put in were not gapped Autolite brand. I then went to buy gapped Bosch Iridium plugs. The problem remained. The engine will run as long as I have my foot on the gas but when I let off the gas the engine makes the pop noise and cuts out. Is it possible that spark plugs I put in damaged the ignition coils? Will replacing the coils fix this problem? This is my mother in laws car and I don't want her to think I don't know what I am doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated:smile

·
Registered
731 Posts
I changed the plugs on the Versa and when I went to start it, it would start then stop. It makes a popping noise and cuts out. I have serviced other cars before and never had this problem. I then noticed that the plugs I put in were not gapped Autolite brand. I then went to buy gapped Bosch Iridium plugs. The problem remained. The engine will run as long as I have my foot on the gas but when I let off the gas the engine makes the pop noise and cuts out. Is it possible that spark plugs I put in damaged the ignition coils? Will replacing the coils fix this problem? This is my mother in laws car and I don't want her to think I don't know what I am doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated:smile
If the car ran o.k. before you did the work, then I would recheck everything you did to insure you didn't leave something disconnected or cross wired. As for the ignition coils, I don't believe that you would have caused any damage just by replacing the plugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts