Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it was possible to put the 2.5l sentra motor in a 2008 1.8l versa (6spd manual)? I would like to keep my car longer and increase the hp a little. I may be able to get my hands on one that has less miles than my car.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sure you can just have to make custom engine mount ecu, and make sure the engine mounts to the trans. There is a lot more but that's where you start.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok..anyone know of any other options as well? I'm looking to increase torque and hp as well reliability of my car as it is getting over the 100k mile mark. I don't want to spend a lot of money (I do understand this is expensive as I have changed motors in my firebird multiple times), I just want to change things up. I have heard the the juke motor is essentially plug and play...but what about the turbo, anything special need to be done in order to use the juke's turbo?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I'm not sure if you've heard about it but a couple of Versa owners have done MR20 swaps. This one is out of the 07-12 Sentra. It's supposed to be plug and play as well(for 07-12 1.8 Versa that is).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have to look into that...any idea of the increases in torque and hp?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sourcing an Engine

Anyone know where I can find brand new MR20s? Possibly new 6 speed transmissions? If not new, any sources for used MR20s? In the next few months I plan on doing the swap as I have crossed the 100,000mile mark and just want to get an engine with less miles lower miles. Also a little more HP never hurt anyone before!

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also if you know of any other engines that will fit and provide a little more power, I am open to suggestions!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A friend found this for me. It is an SR20DET Pulsar GTiR / 200SX / Sentra / Infiniti G20 Engine, Manual AWD Transmission, & Harnes for $ 1,499.00. I doubt I can make the car AWD. Any one know if I can use this engine, and what tranny I can use?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like that is what I will have to do...I wanted to do that Silvia swap but I haven't found an answer and everyone I hang out with are mostly American muscle guys, so they're no help. I'm already getting heckled for modding the V. But I think it's a great car, it just needs more power at the lower end. I hate that there is a big lag when trying to get the power down. I guess that's just me since every other car I have owned has been over 400 whp.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The only straight swap for the versa atm is the mr20. There has been much debate over whether the qr25 and the mr16ddt will fit. Both are likely to fit b after you've got em in were talking about completely custom drive train setups. Shift linkage, drive axles, hub assembly, motor mounts.. The list goes on. Someone with a local machine shop and A Lot of money could make it happen. The average versa owner though? Probably not.

Then again for all the know everyone else on this forum is rich and I'm just the poor one :p haha.

But anyways, the mr20 goes a 15-20 increase in hp and tq and you can find used low mileage engines for less than $800. Try car-part.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.