Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should really read your post before you click sibmit. If you want you can swap a bluebird sr20 in the versa, its going to take a lot of work and money but I think it could be done, at least I can do it if I had the money. But the easiest swap to do is the mr20 swap, mostly plug and play from what I have read. Also try using the search button next time before you ask a question, this topic has been dicussed many time already.

·
Banned
342 Posts
turbo=useless power. Stock tranny sucks. Stock clutch sucks. No upgrades out there. I swapped the MR20 in out of sentra. Cant keep the traction in good weather nevermind bad weather and snow tires

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
turbo=useless power. Stock tranny sucks. Stock clutch sucks. No upgrades out there. I swapped the MR20 in out of sentra. Cant keep the traction in good weather nevermind bad weather and snow tires
I have to agree with you on that one. Even with bigger wheels/stickeier tires, is it going to be able to put the power down? without a limited slip diff or massive tires I just don't think it can hold its own against hondas, mazdas, and other "tuner" cars that have been similarly built up..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow an all out war just cz of 1 question i couldnt find an answer to WITH THE SEARCH or searching on google either so get over your interweb skills lain i dont sit on the computer all day

and i really find that you can not get traction in a 140hp car very hard to believe because my girlfriend has a 2010 sentra sr and we have no traction issue what so ever

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow an all out war just cz of 1 question i couldnt find an answer to WITH THE SEARCH or searching on google either so get over your interweb skills lain i dont sit on the computer all day

and i really find that you can not get traction in a 140hp car very hard to believe because my girlfriend has a 2010 sentra sr and we have no traction issue what so ever
How funny cause I don't even have a computer.

·
Banned
342 Posts

versa is 500lbs lighter. sentra sr? or ser?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
versa is 500lbs lighter. sentra sr? or ser?
They do have an SR model, in case you didn't know. Engine is same as 2.0, only difference is price and sports package. :thumb2:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Unfortunately, the only way we'll be able to find out is when somebody actually does it. Until then, we can argue back and forth about it all day long but it won't change anything. Personally, I'm not going to worry about running any boost or extra power on my versa cause that's really not what they were made for. Would it be awesome to have a versa that could comnpete with $30,000 turbo cars, yes it would, but will it happen? Probably not IMO. For now I'm just gonna make my versa look nice and drive well. If someone comes out with a serious kit and it looks solid, ill jump on board and have a slick sleeper car, but until then, I'm not gonna worry about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i hear yah man but also anything is possible in todays times with fabrication and modification if theres a will theres a way haha for instance idk if you guys ever heard of 2J's Racing but they have a VQ swaped sentra that they race in the big leagues competeing with top end performance vehicles such as GT40s Vipers Corvettes and such as that nature AND they are breaking records on MAJOR Tracks =)

·
Registered
257 Posts
IMHO

i hear yah man but also anything is possible in todays times with fabrication and modification if theres a will theres a way haha for instance idk if you guys ever heard of 2J's Racing but they have a VQ swaped sentra that they race in the big leagues competeing with top end performance vehicles such as GT40s Vipers Corvettes and such as that nature AND they are breaking records on MAJOR Tracks =)
Yea that is pretty cool though I'd buy a 370z before put a VQ in my versa. Lol I think I would at most put a juke engine or turbo the MR20 but i wouldnt put more than 200hp on the car cause of torque steer and I want it to be fast for its class ie compete with the honda fit and for fiesta and smoke sentras, civics, mazda 3's. That way I could enjoy the fact that ive got an awesome car that I put effort into and drive it every day without breaking the bank on gas.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.