Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why not just do a fifty shot of nitrous? Best bang for your buck BY FAR on cars with little aftermarket support.

Turbo on five pounds is definitely doable, and is your best bet besides nitrous. Like versablack said your looking at five thousand in parts or so. We aren't talking about civics here where you have thousands of turbo kits. Way too much money for how little you get.

Back to engine swaps though. First one that comes to mind is QR25DE, probably because thats my engine :) Tons of torque, super fun to drive, and competitive with all FF fourbangers for the most part. You could also do an SR20DE+T. But to be brutally honest, I dont see any street driven versa get any kind of swap. It is just way too hard to do a full custom engine swap with a car that has almost no aftermarket. The electrical stuff is the downfall of a lot of swaps. Its fun to think about stuff like this though, Im not trying to put anyone's ideas down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
nah, that's a crappy motor, expecting to fail without notice, i am speaking from experience.
False. QR25DE is a great motor, you just have to know a thing or two about it. First thing you need to do is locktite the butterfly valves in the intake manifold, then put on a header to get rid of the pre-cat. This is only on the 02-06 QR's though, 07+ are good to go right out of the factory.

Did yours fail from pre-cat ingestion? If so you should have put a header on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.