Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start a thread here for possible engine swaps. I know many of us are in love with our gas easy Versa's but would like a lil more power to be included. I dont have a owners manual so dont have the actual specs (size, and etc) of the 1.8L that is in my own car. So I'd like for somebody to give that info as well so we can start debating what engines might be a possible fit inside the Versa.

Personally I know it'll be years off before i even contemplate the idea IRL, but would like to start getting a huge "library" of information for what could possibly be done.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent got an ideal swap as of yet, like I said it'll be a few yrs off for me. I've owned a 87 300zx turbo. And like every other person, eventually would like to have another turbo car, but unlike alot of people, I realise our lil 1.8 MR18DE doesnt have the internals to handle such an upgrade right off the bat. I just wish the versa had a more dedicated following ya know?

Oh well...still got an S10 sitting around, guess in the meanwhile it'll be dropping a V8 into her and turbo'n that. Or supercharging...but turbo is so much more efficient

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That may be so robj80 but I'm a classic boost person (give me 8-11psi). 5psi would definitely be a totally different car and almost any engine can handle that low of boost of course. But when you have to drop 5k for good parts and tune 5psi seems just a lil low for my personal taste. Anyone that manages to drop a 5psi boost tho - I definitely wanna drive your V and see how it feels!

But before that time even comes I gotta drop in some body stiffening. As I said, gots awhile to go before I drop anything big cash into the V.

Where as v8s for my s10 are a dime a dozen. Saw a guy with a late 90s silverado with a totalled rear end just wanting somebody to get it out of his yard. Trying right now to see if I cant get some cash together to do just that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.