Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been reading some of the threads on engine noises for the versa (my fiancee has one). She has been complaining about noise in her 09 versa when her car is idling. I head it when I drove her car the other day. It sounds like it coming from the pedal area, and its accompanied by vibrations. I checked the cars engine mounts and they look fine. Also the ailment cannot be replicated. I have read how noisy these cars are so do any of you have any advice to give me as to where some of these noises/ vibrations may originate from?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 09 with manual transmission when warmed up at a low idle will make noise in the transmission caused by the cluster gears. Pushing the clutch in or increasing the idle makes the noise stop.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 49200 mi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 09 with manual transmission when warmed up at a low idle will make noise in the transmission caused by the cluster gears. Pushing the clutch in or increasing the idle makes the noise stop.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 49200 mi
Hers is automatic. This shaking is almost as bad as a bad engine mount, except hers cars mounts are fine...

·
Registered
339 Posts
check the cvs and wheel bearings. Also a cracked flexplate will rattle too. And when you say the alignment cant be replicated are you saying they couldnt align it? And if so why not? Is it because of a bent frame or damaged/ worn suspension parts? If the frame was bent the car will never drive right again just get rid of it. If its bad suspension like wheel bearings, control arms and tie rods have them fixed and have it re-aligned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.