Nissan Versa Forums banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I just adjusted the bolt loosen the bolt for the tensioner then the squeaking noise stopped but now when I accelerate and makes it like a grinding noise when I take off on red light only just only ..soon I accelerate more faster the noise everything goes away

· Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
365 Posts
I have a manual tensioner on my 2016 Versa, I assume you have the same manual tensioner on your 2017. There is a gauge that you use to set the proper amount of tension on the belt. The pulley is a different part than the actual tensioner. There would be a bolt in the middle of the pulley that allows for removal and replacement.
Again, until you remove the belt and check each pulley, it is hard to say which pulley may or may not be bad.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Must because I had it to tighten damnit now it doesn't make noise I really hope I haven't wore out the pullys when ac turns on make a little grinding noise but I think that's normal my ac blowing cold can be normally like when I bought the car at 60 thousand miles soon it hit 100 thousand miles I changed right away transmission fluid and filters everything and put a little bit Lucas treatment to make sure it's very good condition I'm that kida person that does things before it gets worser got me

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I'm just glad the squealing of the noise of the belts stopped it sometimes make noise once out the blue 🔵 but goes away fast .but my next step it's that small tapping noise when I'm at red light foot on the brake air conditioning on sometimes it's off still hear that tapping but soon I let the brake go a small bit stop that noise

101 - 120 of 134 Posts