Nissan Versa Forums banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

· Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
365 Posts
I hope I didn't wear out any pulleys because it was tightening which is your suggestion of the first pulley that bad if that's the case
Nissan has a procedure for tightening the belt on vehicles with a manual belt tensioner. As in my previous post, I mentioned a gauge that is used for this procedure.

· Registered
365 Posts
I think you need to isolate where exactly the tapping noise is coming from and attempt to duplicate the circumstances. If the car is (only), tapping at a red light only, have a friend simulate a "red light" and go around the car and try to narrow in where the tapping is coming from. Is it under the hood, under the dash, does it tap in Neutral or only in Drive, etc.??

· Registered
365 Posts
I changed right away transmission fluid and filters everything and put a little bit Lucas treatment to make sure it's very good condition
I can't speak to the automatic transmission fluid or treatment you put in. I have a manual transmission Versa and know nothing about the automatic or CVT transmissions.
Someone else on the forum will have to advise you on that aspect of your car.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
It tapping noise on drive only red light stops on neutral doesn't make no noise at all like I said soon I left brake go few seconds the noise goes away but when I hold the brake for few seconds when car goes to idle then goes to tapping noise again sounds like under dash middle

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
You know what's the weird part though the engine light doesn't come on for the cat converter 😂 but I'm wait for a long time first to see if it comes back..do you think buy having a tight belt can mess with how the entire engine running and knock off the sensor code just question ❓ can that happen because this day two haven't come back on today be day three I go to work at night ..I'm see if turns back on .. but it's a question can that throw a code because the Bell was tight and why accelerating the throw off the codes

Attachments

· Registered
365 Posts
It tapping noise on drive only red light stops on neutral doesn't make no noise at all like I said soon I left brake go few seconds the noise goes away but when I hold the brake for few seconds when car goes to idle then goes to tapping noise again sounds like under dash middle
Does it make the tapping sound when you shift the transmission in reverse and simulate a stop at a "red light"?? As stated in my previous post, I know nothing about automatic transmissions or the sounds they make. I don't know if a "tapping noise" from the transmission is benign or something serious.
Personally, I've never owned an automatic transmission vehicle.
Again, you'll need to try to narrow down the location of this tapping sound. Do you have a friend that will hold the brake down (with transmission in drive -- simulating this red light situation) so you can attempt to locate this tapping noise. If the tapping sound is coming from under the dash, I imagine you can confirm this by looking up under the dash from the passenger side foot well.
And yes, I understand that strange noises are bothersome. My old work truck squeaks and creeks with all kinds of sounds. The plastic parts inside the cab have warped over the years and rub against each other. There is nothing wrong (mechanically) with this truck, so I live with the odd sounds it makes.

· Registered
365 Posts
At this point, I'm starting to think this "tapping sound" is transmission or torque converter related. I have a very limited knowledge about automatic transmissions and even less regarding CVT transmissions.
The fact that you now know the exact circumstances that cause this tapping sound and you can duplicate it, will aid a mechanic/shop in the diagnosis of the problem.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
My transmission kicks gears fine drives like it's supposed to never have problems . I can't see that it's the transmission runs good ..the tapping this very silent noise not loud maybe that's just normal when the car is on idling with my foot on the brake periods of time on the red light it goes away when I let go the brake

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Nissan has a procedure for tightening the belt on vehicles with a manual belt tensioner. As in my previous post, I mentioned a gauge that is used for this procedure.
I'm trying buy brake shield for my Nissan versa sadan 2017 can you show me pictures see I'm trying purchase making sure it's the right ones if you don't mine????

121 - 134 of 134 Posts