Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2012 Nissan Versa 4/2012.

About half year in there was a loud annoying rattle. Especially at low idle. Dealer said there was a defect in the exhaust heat shield. And they had to repair it. So I heard the take again the other week. Returned to dealer. Same failure. Heat shield broke again and they replaced.

This is twice in about a years time. I just passed my warranty period and an a little concerned. Am I going to have to fix this every year at my cost?

Car is 14 months old and has 37,000 miles.

·
Registered
339 Posts
just take the heat shield off it wont hurt the car at all I promise. There just held on with little clips one of those probably came off.

Reactions: kat_hat

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
one of mine is held up with a cable tie :D perfect

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah its an easy do it yourself. Just hop under your car, and figure out a way to attach it.more securely. Some stainless screws and washers should work well. Pick those up at Ace/Lowe's.

·
Registered
993 Posts
They already have mounts, just put them on and get new washers and bolts that are the correct size. The clips they put on there all most always fall off.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The studs are the perfect size for M5, so what i did was tap them to M5x1.00. Paint them with a rust preventative (i use Tremclad for this when i can) like anti-seize, something with staying power. Find large enough washers to fit the bill (finding M5 large diameter washers may be hard), and use Nylock nuts. Secures them tighter and lasts longer than the spring washers. Don't overtighten, use a 1/4" small ratchet and just snug it up until you cannot slide the heatshield around with any effort, then an 1/8th of a turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.