Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a dc sport performance muffler. Problem I am running into is when my wife and I are in the car the pipe right past the flange, towards the resonator, is hitting the axel. Thing is, it only rattles and hits when idel in drive. Anyone run into this? Every time I raise the hangers and it looks good we get in and it starts back up.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I run into a similar problem with my DC. But instead of hitting the axel mine hits the support bracket right after the midpipe. It only happens during winter too which It seems kind of weird. But I have the full exhaust, looks like you only have the muffler so it might just be a matter of positioning the pipes and muffler.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
You need to bend the pipe to fit correctly over the axle. You need the right parts

Take it to an exhaust shop and have them fix it, they can weld all your flanges together and get rid of those clamps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.