Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Versa Note and I swear I received something saying my transmission warranty was extended. My car has 70,000 miles on it and I took it to the dealer this week and sure enough needs a new transmission.

I mentioned the warranty extension and the service guy said that was still in litigation but as a "courtesy" they could ask Nissan to let me get the transmission for 20% of cost provided I did the other work needed with them. Total bill $2,200 (front brakes, front axels, engine block sagged).

This doesn't sound right to me on the warranty. I can't find the paper where they said my warranty was extended. Am I going crazy or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also should note he was supposed to email me a breakdown of all the car repairs and what each was going to cost. He didn't do that. My car has been there since Saturday morning and I'm feeling more uneasy about that.

when I looked at the lawsuit website it says a settlement has been reached and the final court date was Friday so I'm unsure if he's trying to get me to pay out of pocket before I get the final notification or if he just doesn't know. Or if there is an appeal process I don't know about.

any help would be appreciated if anyone has been tracking this better than I did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also should note he was supposed to email me a breakdown of all the car repairs and what each was going to cost. He didn't do that. My car has been there since Saturday morning and I'm feeling more uneasy about that.

when I looked at the lawsuit website it says a settlement has been reached and the final court date was Friday so I'm unsure if he's trying to get me to pay out of pocket before I get the final notification or if he just doesn't know. Or if there is an appeal process I don't know about.

any help would be appreciated if anyone has been tracking this better than I did.
THE SETTLEMENT seems to be almost (done) but not quite. QUOTE:

"On March 6, 2020, the Court held the Final Fairness Hearing in this case. The Court stated that a written Order approving the proposed class action settlement will be issued. The Order will be posted here when received. The Settlement is not yet effective. This website will be updated with further developments"

Perhaps call NISSAN USA directly (800) 647-7261 ... to go on record (they will begin a "case" with case number provided to you for future call backs) with your situation. AKA go to the top rather than only the "opinion" of the local Nissan you are involved with.

Do let us know how this is resolved. You may be our first SUCCESSFUL case(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Versa Note and I swear I received something saying my transmission warranty was extended. My car has 70,000 miles on it and I took it to the dealer this week and sure enough needs a new transmission.

I mentioned the warranty extension and the service guy said that was still in litigation but as a "courtesy" they could ask Nissan to let me get the transmission for 20% of cost provided I did the other work needed with them. Total bill $2,200 (front brakes, front axels, engine block sagged).

This doesn't sound right to me on the warranty. I can't find the paper where they said my warranty was extended. Am I going crazy or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me?
I had my transmission replaced by the dealer in my 2016 Versa Note. He contacted Nissan and they paid 80%. I'm going to submit the balance after the litigation concludes, which I believe is about March 20th. You won't find a printed obligation until the litigation is complete. I believe Nissan is doing this in good faith. The other repairs shouldn't be forced on you. Maybe there's another dealer in the area? Might be worth the price of a tow. ?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I believe Nissan is doing this in good faith. The other repairs shouldn't be forced on you. Maybe there's another dealer in the area? Might be worth the price of a tow. ?
They should be repairing it 100% in good faith. It's not like they don't already know they're going to be responsible. They're likely hoping he'll pay the 20% and never make a claim against it. Maybe you should check to see what an independent would charge to do all the work and leave Nissan holding the bag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should be repairing it 100% in good faith. It's not like they don't already know they're going to be responsible. They're likely hoping he'll pay the 20% and never make a claim against it. Maybe you should check to see what an independent would charge to do all the work and leave Nissan holding the bag.
I picked my car up today. $160 for them to diagnose it (ouch). But they also told me if I took it off the lot Nissan wouldn't honor the 20% reduced price at a later date. It's a lot of scare tactics and I don't appreciate them trying to strong arm me into other repairs when they need to cover this. Had they done the 100% coverage I would have paid the inflated price for the other stuff. Now I'm going to have all of that done independently (nothing crazy needs doing) and then take it in for the transmission when the final order is written by the court.
The whole thing felt so shady to me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
All sounds like a shady deal to me too. I'd get the work done elsewhere and never set foot back in the door of that dealership again. If you have all this in writing you should notify your local TV news station and get them some free publicity. Several years ago I was having problems with Dish Network satellite TV. I made about 4 appointments for them to come out and fix it. Each appointment was supposed to fall somewhere within a 4 hour window and they didn't show up at any of them so I told them to just take the system out. They tried to convince me I was going to have to pay off the rest of my contract if I did this. I notified the local news station and there was never another word said about the remainder of the contract being paid off and Dish Network lost a customer for life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.