Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2010 versa sedan 1.5L manual, I love my car but I wish it had a little bit of extra power I'm not looking for much and was wondering since there's a lot of people with experience with their versa here; what are the best upgrades I can give to it that it will give me some HP, better fuel efficiency and most importantly better acceleration.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In my own personal experience KOB46 you can add a CAI and Exhaust. There is not too much you can do to the versa to give it a large power gain. Just enjoy great gas mileage and work on the exterior. I mean 107 hp isn't much to work with to begin with.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
yep! that's why I don't even bother going over 4000RPMs

Trust me, I wish I had 200hp and still get 36MPG but I know I'm not going to get my cake and ice cream :bdaycake:

Cold air intake and Exhaust. maybe some headers. that should help increase engine air flow in and out, but I'm not sure if it will increase MPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trust me, I wish I had 200hp and still get 36MPG but I know I'm not going to get my cake and ice cream :bdaycake:
IF ONLY that sentence was true! XD. I'll see about the cold air intake seems like the easiest way for a little push and I'm gonna take your advice about the RPMs even though I love going 70, takes lots of gas to maintain it :/ (at least here in Puerto Rico with all the curves and hills)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
1.6 owner here as well. I thought there weren't any CAIs for the 1.6 though?
from my understanding the AEM intake works on the 1.6 not sure about the other brands though

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Do you have a 1.5 or 1.6? Impul makes a supercharger for the HR15de. Not sure if it fits the HR16de or not.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1.5L can get the supercharger kit from Impul in japan. 1.6L, the 1.5L ECU won't work well enough on the injectors. No such kit availabe yet.

AEM CAI will work on 1.6/1.8L because it doesn't attach to the throttle body. TB opening is different on each model.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
try a Throttle Controller. I don't have one, and it doesn't give you huge hp, but the throttle response feels quicker, and you can peel the controller back easily for great mpgs. A friend has one on his g35. Search nvf for more feedback and experience.

·
Registered
656 Posts
the eco mode is great for really saving at the pump but it drove me nuts being in grandma mode...i just use nor most of the time and sport for havin fun with civics ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
try a Throttle Controller. I don't have one, and it doesn't give you huge hp, but the throttle response feels quicker, and you can peel the controller back easily for great mpgs. A friend has one on his g35. Search nvf for more feedback and experience.
I have one in my versa and it doesnt make the car any faster what so ever. in fact i just drive with it on normal mode now cause the speed mode just makes it seem like I'm pressing the gas down more...and i can do that manually. the Eco mode is good but it just takes more away from the car and i cant handle that. the response tho from when you press down the pedal to when it sends the signal to the throttle is alittle fast...but not really noticable...i think its just all in my head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.