Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this question has been asked before, but I can seem to find it. Ive been looking all over the internet for the answer. I think Ive found it but not sure. I have the S model, and I have the SL radio (6 disc premium) on the way from ebay. I like the factory 6 disc. I need to connect an aftermarket infinity 5 channel amp to it. I am also connecting 4 6.5 infinity reference speakers, and a cheap kicker sub. Im having an issue on how to connect this to the factory radio. I have gotten as far as thinking I need one of this..... Maxxsonics MX-1Premium High-to-Low Level Converter for OEM Integration. Im not to sure what all I need. If anyone knows what i need (like harness, converters, wires, etc) to make this work, please let me know. Im gonna put the headunit in myself, and probally pay a professional to do the rest. Since the car is new, I dont wanna mess anything up. Plus im not farmilar with this stuff, but most of you could figure that one out, lol. Im not going all out with this. I just like the infinity speakers, and need a little boom, and just want something nice that sounds good. Dont need to be booming down the street and shaking windows!! lol Thanks alot :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
man if yer already going to a shop just let them get all the bits and pieces save yourself the headache brother

·
Registered
354 Posts
dudeee i literally just did this this past weekend took a rockford amp/ 2 rockford 10inch punches and put them to my stock headunit its possible and very easy.
you just need whats called a line out converter.
they have them at walmart for like $20 and best buy for like $30
all it is is a bunch of wires (i believe 4-6 wires i only used 4 of em) and they go into a box and on the other side is the female jacks for the RCA cables..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude I did it with my old car and it's a b*tch just had the shop the stuff and say doit using a oem radio is a pain I highly suggest getting a aftermarket on less wires to splice and such.

·
Registered
927 Posts
follow slclayton and if you need instructions how to remove panels let us know its easy :p removing just one panel in your car will go a long way because any future modifications might require removal of the panels and seats and carpets :p so my suggestion it installing it your self :p just make sure you disconnect the battery first. you will feel a lot better after installing a system your self and save some dollars for the labor :p and best part is that you have learned some things about your V :p

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Im running a Kenwood mono amp to the 12" sub in my trunk. Works like a champ! All the wiring is the 8 gauge Rockford Fosgate crap

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts