Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
359 Posts
At the risk of sounding dumb, will that take care of the coil spring? I answered my own question via google.
If google wasn't clear... Yes, a quick strut has the spring, strut and mount all in one easy to install package/system.

Personally, I like the quick strut replacement system/package.

Best of luck with the car!!

· Registered
359 Posts
You seem pretty reasonable about the whole quick strut thing let me ask you this what would cause it to keep breaking over and over when you put two brand new ones on it and no other part around it is damaged.
Quick struts should be lasting at minimum 50,000 to 60,000 miles. Either something in your front end is misaligned or some other parts are worn. After replacing the quick struts did you get a front end alignment??

You might also want to check the stabilizer bar end links, with the car on the ground (on its tires) see if there is any movement in that end link (it looks like a dog bone with the ends pointing in opposite directions). You can't check for wear if the car is off the ground, as the front end will be in a droop state.

Rockauto has the Moog greaseable end links for around $21 (each) - if you find wear in that item.

Are you hearing any sounds coming from the front end, rattles when you go over a bump (anything like that)??

And you say you've checked all the other front end parts, tie rod ends, control arm, ball joints, bushings, etc. and nothing is worn or has play in it??

· Registered
359 Posts
I have an alignment package where I can get as many as I want for a year.
Can you talk to the alignment tech?? I'm thinking if the frame were bent (to the point) that you are re-breaking quick struts, he would have to make some major adjustments to get the car back into spec. He would also probably note it on his final report.
On rare occasions, I have seen new parts break or be defective (out of the box).
If your wheel bearing were bad, you would feel some play when you lifted the tire off the ground and checked. Moreover, I think you would hear a wheel bearing going bad. My girlfriend's Dodge had a bad wheel bearing (that I fixed) and it was LOUD! It was quite noticeable.
As far as the axle, try making a tight turn (go in a circle - right and left), do you hear any clicking sounds??
Also, are you noticing any vibrations when you drive?? Try different speeds??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.