Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2008 Versa to my mechanic the other day because it was making an odd sound when I turned. Turns out my drivers side coil spring is broke. The recall was done Jan 2018, Nissan is refusing to do a good will repair on the failed recall. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Both the Nissan Authorized Dealer/Mechanic and my independent mechanic say there is no damage to the front end that would have caused the spring to break (car is accident free). I spoke with Nissan Customer Care and they dont know why it broke, admit it shouldnt have broke, wont tell me if this is going to be a 3ish year fix costing (at a discount) $1172. Anyone else or did I just get the luck of a bad draw?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it were my car, I'd throw in a quick strut. You can get one off of Rockauto for $60-$100. They are easy to install. Personally, I'd do both sides, then get an alignment... problem fixed.
Thanks for the advice, Ill look into it. At the risk of sounding dumb, will that take care of the coil spring? I answered my own question via google.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If google wasn't clear... Yes, a quick strut has the spring, strut and mount all in one easy to install package/system.

Personally, I like the quick strut replacement system/package.

Best of luck with the car!!

Thank you 😊 your explanation was better than googles lol. Thanks again for the advice. Checking them out now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.