Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and have yet to find anyone who is in the same boat as me. So I tried to install a remote start in my wife's car for Xmas and I was unaware I needed a bypass module. I tried for about 2 hours before realizing it, so I took everything out and put everything back exactly the way it was. Now when I start it I have a nice assortment of lights (brake light, traction, abs, low tire pressure) and my speedo and odometer isn't working I've checked all the fuses both in dash and under hood, I'm getting wheel speed sensor codes and ECM codes.

I consider myself very macanically incline and I have run out of ideas.

Any help would be fantastic

Thanks
-Justin

2012 Nissan versa hatch

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear about the troubles Justin. I'm sort of there with you, I spent this entire past weekend installing a remote starter on my S sedan and I have issues but not nearly as bad as you. Our boat is a little different... there is no chip in the keys for a base sedan so no bypass module needed, instead I had to deal with other things like fabricating my own neutral safety switch (manual transmission) and doing clutch bypass relay for remote starting.

Most of my install was actually successful, although I am not getting a signal on the injector wire I hooked to for tach-mode remote starting. I won't hijack your thread about that I'll ask elsewhere, kinda get the feeling there are not that many gurus on this site who are able to help us though :(

My big booboo was that I thought the airbag release holes in the steering wheel were screw holes for the shroud around the ignition and steering column, so I rooted around in there ended up partially dislodging my airbag. Now it wont go back in and I have a flashing airbag light. No other lights or issues luckily, the remote starter actually works in tachless mode and everything so I made it most of the way there but now I'm probably going to have to take it to the dealer to see what I screwed up on that airbag... I suspect I bent one of the clips holding it in... blarg.

Anways most of that blah blah was just to say you are not alone in suffering and having things not go well on remote start install. They are tough. This is my 4th install so by now I was thinking I almost got the hang of it but I screwed up and now this airbag thing is probably going to cost me dearly.

You tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes, right? If the fuses are good and disconnecting the battery doesn't help... yikes. I suspect both of us will be at our local dealerships soon groveling for help, and man the techs really hate people like us...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts