Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, its been a while since I've been on the forum, and I want to thank everyone who has helped me in the past. Now I seek your help once again. Yesterday I pulled into a parking spot and ran my 2012 up on a sidewalk the impact was not that hard there was a little scrape and I backed off of it with ease. Got out felt underneath and everything seemed fine. This morning my wife as it is her dd got in as normal and started off to work. She calls me and says there is a scraping sound coming from the passenger tire...uh oh!!! She get home from work and I go look and the 2 bolts holding the inner tire surround under my fogs are completely ripped out as well as all the clips underneath the fascia. So as I am I grab a drill and zip ties...quick fix, to stsnd up and notice the entire fascia is pulled away from the passenger headlight.

So questions are. Is it more than likey I bent up the mount that attach the fascia? And as it only has less than 8k on the clock and under warranty should it be covered? If its not covered what do I do to fix it?

Btw. I just have to thow this in. My signature says I have a disco 2 however I loved the versa and nissans so much that I traded it for an 04 xterra xe...bye land rover head gasket issues, and I couldn't be happier with my X.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
so sorry to hear that =(

I would go to a bodyshop and ask them

the cheap way to fix it would be using zip ties, the better way to fix it is replacing whatever was ripped or broken from the small impact.

do you have any pictures of the damage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did the samething a while back basicly you would have bent out the mounting points to the fender and probably broke the clips. What I did was removed the front bumper and used a c-clamp to bend back the mounting points and replaced the plastic clips I think they where 11 or 12 dollars on a few sites. Then you just slide the bumper back on . There is another mounting point below the headlights. It took some time to get it off but it was pretty easy. However since you still have a warrenty I would see if it would be cover.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hey everyone, its been a while since I've been on the forum, and I want to thank everyone who has helped me in the past. Now I seek your help once again. Yesterday I pulled into a parking spot and ran my 2012 up on a sidewalk the impact was not that hard there was a little scrape and I backed off of it with ease. Got out felt underneath and everything seemed fine. This morning my wife as it is her dd got in as normal and started off to work. She calls me and says there is a scraping sound coming from the passenger tire...uh oh!!! She get home from work and I go look and the 2 bolts holding the inner tire surround under my fogs are completely ripped out as well as all the clips underneath the fascia. So as I am I grab a drill and zip ties...quick fix, to stsnd up and notice the entire fascia is pulled away from the passenger headlight.

So questions are. Is it more than likey I bent up the mount that attach the fascia? And as it only has less than 8k on the clock and under warranty should it be covered? If its not covered what do I do to fix it?

Btw. I just have to thow this in. My signature says I have a disco 2 however I loved the versa and nissans so much that I traded it for an 04 xterra xe...bye land rover head gasket issues, and I couldn't be happier with my X.

Thanks everyone
As far as the warranty is concerned, any "damage" done to the vehicle is not covered unless you can prove that it was a manufactures defect that caused said damage. As for the repairs, as the other poster mentioned, take it to a body shop and have it repaired correctly. The last thing you want to happen is to have your wife driving and the damaged piece comes loose and cause a problem. Good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah it is definitely not covered under warranty lol. Which sucks. Theres a body shop right down the street from me and they are really nice so I will have em check it out. If its gonna cost a bunch to fix it I will josh's C clamp method.
Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
105 Posts
Last week in the very early AM driving down the interstate at about 68 MPH I crested a small hill and the was a tire or retread in the road and no time to avoid it. The driver's wheel went over it and it tore off part of my inner fender and also the mounting holes under bumper that held the inner fender. The local dealer wanted too much for the inner fender so I ordered an aftermarket part and installed it. I patched the holes in the bumper with some small strips of flexible plastic. Since it is under the car and not visible I could not see buying a new bumper. Fortunately I had already purchased extra mounting clips a few years ago for oil changing so the only item besides the inner fender I had to buy was 2 "C" clip nuts and bolts to attach the inner fender to the bottom of the bumper.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan with 48700 miles

·
Registered
11 Posts
did some research for you I bought the plastic clips (side Brackets) here
2012 Versa 1.8 S Right Side bracket
2012 Versa 1.8 S Left Side bracket
I update the links for your 2012 but it the same bracket. Once you get the bumper off you just pinch the bracket's holder clips together and they come right out. Just pop the new ones on and your ready to go. It might be easier to put them on the bumper first but you can do it any way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome, thanks josh. I think I'm probably gonna tackle this myself instead of going to a body shop to save a couple hundred clams. I may hit you up for some guidence on getting the bumper off when it comes time to fix it.

I'm gonna plastidip the headliner in my X so this fascia mishap will give me another project to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.