Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have a 2007 Versa with the blutooth, and 6 disk cd-changer with an auxiliary port. Whenever I use the aux port with my mp3 player and turn the headlights on, I hear a low buzzing like feedback or something. It's really obnoxious however, I have no idea how to fix the problem. I've replaced the aux cord with a really expensive shielded Monster cord and that did nothing. I've even tried other devices with it to see if it was my mp3 player but the noise still happens.

I just bought the car but the basic warranty just expired and I don't want to spend a bunch of money trying to track it down.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Could it be the headlight switch? Is the aux port broken on the radio?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is your MP3 player connected to the 12volts connector in the console, or is it powered with a battery?
Seems like noise coming from the car (electrical system).
One thing you could try is what we call a ground loop isolator, cost around 10$.
This device has two input and two output, left and right RCA connectors.
If the noise doesn't disappear with this, then i would look for another radio...
You will possibly need rca to 1/8" adapters.

By the way welcome to the Club!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! Also, this is the stock radio that came with the car. Does that make a difference? How should I install that device you suggested? Are there RCA jacks on the back of the stock radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are not alone, I have the EXACT same issue with my 2008 Versa. Any time I use the AUX port and turn the lights on I get the humming in the background. Best way I have learned to deal with it is to crank up my MP3 player as high as I can, and then keep the radio volume as low as possible. This seems to help some.

Hope you figure it out.
-Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts