Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
im thinking about picking up a set of megan racing springs just because they are the least expensive and offer the biggest drop. but im concerned about the spring rate. is it stiff? or squishy? the stiffer the better..:multi:

secondly, has there been anything done for a short shifter? has anyone tried cutting their shifter down a bit? lol just curious

what do we have in the way of tuning software? both for the ecm of the versa and computer software? if there was a program i could download to do my own tuning, i'd like to know about it.

has anyone bought anything from impul? i like their stuff but i cant seem to find a way to purchase anything off of their site. their contacts page isnt working on my comp.

has anyone played with the idea of a rear mount turbo? it looks like there is adequate space for it.. only real problem i see is fiting both pipes in our exhaust channel.. but it would eliminate the need for an intercooler and running a low boost set up would require very little done to the motor itself. Just a thought to play with ;) thoughts? comments? answers?
Cutting it will make the shifter shorter but no make it a short shifter if that makes sense :). Meaning the throw is not really going to be significantly reduced but just the height of the shifter. I have never seen how to take the knob off. Is it the same as older cars where it's screwed on?

You can look into UpRev for tuning. They have a tuners package I believe that will allow you to tune the car yourself. Other then that I have no idea what is out there.

There was someone else on here who brought up the rear mount turbo thing. There was a thread on it. I say go for it if you have the funds. An intercooler isn't really an issue. You can tuck a sidemount in the wheel well and it will be adequate enough for low boost.

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
an IC all the way at the back of the vehicle would need a really long run back to the Throttle body. This is not feasible in my mind. Tuning should easily be handled by UpRev. I think if your serious you should contact them and see what they say. They have worked on several MR18's and should within seconds be able to say if they can make enough changes to the stock ECU to handle a low boost application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.