Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about picking up a set of megan racing springs just because they are the least expensive and offer the biggest drop. but im concerned about the spring rate. is it stiff? or squishy? the stiffer the better..:multi:

secondly, has there been anything done for a short shifter? has anyone tried cutting their shifter down a bit? lol just curious

what do we have in the way of tuning software? both for the ecm of the versa and computer software? if there was a program i could download to do my own tuning, i'd like to know about it.

has anyone bought anything from impul? i like their stuff but i cant seem to find a way to purchase anything off of their site. their contacts page isnt working on my comp.

has anyone played with the idea of a rear mount turbo? it looks like there is adequate space for it.. only real problem i see is fiting both pipes in our exhaust channel.. but it would eliminate the need for an intercooler and running a low boost set up would require very little done to the motor itself. Just a thought to play with ;) thoughts? comments? answers?

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've seen STS kits before.. and as i continue thinking about it, even though an intercooler isn't really necessary, it really wouldnt be difficult at all to put one in.. look under your rear bumper, towards the left side. if we set the turbo so that the intake was facing up towards the RL taillight, the filter would be (seemingly) higher than the filter on like the AEM cold air intake.. and there would be virtually no heat back there.. just put a turndown exhaust tip on the exhaust side of the turbo.. this seems VERY do-able and not that difficult... the hardest part would be getting the best tune i believe.. anyway, megan racing spring rates? a way to get hold of impul?

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was actually thinking of a front mount intercooler. running the piping from the turbo, up to the front mount intercooler, and up to the throttle body, that way there are still only 2 main pipes that run almost the length of the vehicle.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the input guys. i'll be getting in touch with STS soon to try and see if i can have a rear mount turbo prototyped on my car. it would run in the vicinity of 5-6 lbs of boost, thus eliminating the need for an intercooler, and it eventually could open a door for the versa owners. i'll be keeping you updated ;)

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jsanford, you seem to really know whats up with this. the constant problem i keep seeing, and i'm not sure if its possible, is the exhaust manifold. with it being on the wrong side of the engine (imo) it seems that there would be a lot of problems with the firewall. which is why i initially opted for rear mount. i'm pretty sure we have all seen the fox marketing versa by now, in which they relocated the battery box and such and they set up looked pretty good. but there was never a full release on the design aside from spectator pictures. got any ideas on a reliable set up? and as far as engine management, uprev has got it taken care of. i called and was able (after a lot of effort i might add) to get hold of a human being, who said that they would be able to send a tune that would handle it. they said they'd like to see a full dyno sheet before and a very detailed description of everything i'd be using, but the man was very confident that it was possible. i feel that the stock fuel injectors could handle the demand at that low of a boost.. thoughts? love your 350 by the way. what size rims and tires are you running? the rears look like 10+ wide 0.o

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
lol thats good to know about uprev and everything. i'd love to get together on this project in the not so far off future, im at 18k miles and my warranty runs up at 30k, but in light of happenings lately, money is a bit tight and my family is a little on the screwed side.. i live in louisville ky, and im going to university of kentucky for mechanical engineering. which puts a money strain on my family as it is, and 3 days ago, my brother totalled his car with myself and his girlfriend inside. we rear ended an s10 going about 30, and it sat high enough our airbags didnt go off. things are gonna be a little rough for a while..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.