Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancé thinks that my exhaust is too loud and is refusing to drive with me anymore. I understand what she is upset about ( it does get really annoying at highway speeds) and need to get it changed around as we are leaving on a road trip in a week. I still would like it to sound better than stock and preferably have it custom made as that can be done really quick, any ideas?

My exhaust right now is custom 2.25" piping from the cat back with an 18" resonator and a Flowmaster series 40 muffler. I do have to admit that when the car is heated up and going it gets pretty loud (but I have cars that are way louder so it never bothered me until now). I was wondering if I did 2" piping and a larger resonator with a stock-like muffler or a muffler similar to the sentra se-r if that would sound slightly louder than stock but now too loud? I really just want it too sound better than stock outside of the car but barely hear it inside the car (especially at highway speeds). I want to make this compromise for her as she doesn't care if I mod my car as long as I don't make it "annoying" lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the sound of using a silencer too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got done talking with Greg at BRM Exhausts. First of all I just have to say, Excellent customer service, amazing response, and just an overall excellent attention to the needs of the customer. Greg and I spoke about a lot of options for the versa and I gotta say he really knows his stuff. He is going to build me a new exhaust to replace the meineke Flowmaster exhaust I have. He also gave me some great tips to improve ride comfort and noise cancellation. Overall I am wildly impressed with them so far and he is really working with me to make it perfect and what I need i honestly cannot say enough about them.

07+ Nissan Versa | BRM Exhaust

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Can't beat a meaningful dialogue with someone who knows their stuff to get the job done properly.
I went to my mechanic "I wanna cut my muffler off, will it be ok?" He said "Yes."
Be sure to post a bit of video too!

·
Registered
102 Posts
ok hear is what you do.... for the next month have a contest... now this will be between your fiance and the exhaust. 10 points for any time either one interrupts a tv show. 5 points for anytime either one has you do something you really do not want to do... and 2 points for any time you think that either of them are just a little too loud for their own good.....
at the end of the month the one with the most points goes!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok hear is what you do.... for the next month have a contest... now this will be between your fiance and the exhaust. 10 points for any time either one interrupts a tv show. 5 points for anytime either one has you do something you really do not want to do... and 2 points for any time you think that either of them are just a little too loud for their own good.....
at the end of the month the one with the most points goes!
HAHA! Unfortunately we watch all the same shows, she never really asks me for anything, and I dont think she has ever raised her voice to me lol. She doesnt even care that I modify my car she just cant stand how loud it is right now.

This is the exhaust right now:
Versa Exhaust - YouTube

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope my wife to.be haha...and one of.my best friends...oh.and she used to be my boss!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will be ordering the 2.25" piping from BRM with a 22" resonator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.