Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auto shut off in the pump handle always shuts off at at LEAST 1 gallon short of what will fit. Is it not advised to add the extra gallon?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
does it do it with every pump you pump gas?

one of the reasons is not advised to add extra after the pump clicks, is spilling gas on the ground

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
LOL yesterday i filled er up, put in several liters after first click. I do it all the time, but usually i immediately have a good drive to bring the level down. But I don't super fill it and let it sit so full during summer.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Even when I'm so low on gas it feels like it's going to cut off, the pump stops at around 11.5 gallons. Supposed to be 13 gallon tank.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Topping off can put liquid fuel into the vapor recovery system causing malfunction. Not worth the extra 20 miles you may get between fillups.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do the same method every time I fill up, no matter what pump I am at or what station I am at, it will render the same results. Good for figuring consistent fuel economy readings. What I do is pull the handle up enough to where there is a .10 gallon of gas flowing for every second. Once the handle clicks and stops I let it sit for about 30 seconds. After this, I will pull the handle up and let .10 gallon of gas flow for every 2 seconds. Once the pump clicks off the second time I stop and put the cap back on. This has yielded very consistent results in computing my fuel economy. I have done this since I returned home from my deployment to my new car. I have put 10 tanks in and I have not had any problems with fuel in the EVAP system, and I have very consistent results with my fuel economy.

To time it, I count out in my head "one-one thousand one, one-one thousand two" and so on for at least a count of 10 to ensure I have an accurate flow rate with the handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.