Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do the same method every time I fill up, no matter what pump I am at or what station I am at, it will render the same results. Good for figuring consistent fuel economy readings. What I do is pull the handle up enough to where there is a .10 gallon of gas flowing for every second. Once the handle clicks and stops I let it sit for about 30 seconds. After this, I will pull the handle up and let .10 gallon of gas flow for every 2 seconds. Once the pump clicks off the second time I stop and put the cap back on. This has yielded very consistent results in computing my fuel economy. I have done this since I returned home from my deployment to my new car. I have put 10 tanks in and I have not had any problems with fuel in the EVAP system, and I have very consistent results with my fuel economy.

To time it, I count out in my head "one-one thousand one, one-one thousand two" and so on for at least a count of 10 to ensure I have an accurate flow rate with the handle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.