Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I clean my plastic gauge covers where the speedometer and tachometer are, there are some fine scratches. I can't seem to get rid of them and wonder what you guys recommend to remove it. Will Plastix remove the scratches?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah mine are bad as well.....previous owner must of used something other then a micro fiber cloth....it is too late for me, but you could try plastix.

I have heard using clear nail polish for such things as well......I once tried and made a mess, so be careful.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
ive got fine scratchs on mine too. Some how I did it. Ive owned the car since new. Ive only used microfiber cloths, so I dunno what I did wrong.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I know how u feel, Im they same way..... ecspecially in the sun, lol. Its one of those things that makes you wanna buy a new gauge cluster and replace it, lol.

·
Registered
927 Posts
so did you try it on the shifter first?
probably why you are wondering why i said 30 mins because you cant put pressure on that plastic because its hallow and if you press too hard it might break :p the plastic that we have will get scratched easily even if you use a wet microfiber :p i would take that plastic out and use plastx on it working with a solid backing like a counter in your kitchen or table :p then after you clean it lay a clear plastic that you use in your cell phone :p or clear bra ^_^v

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hhahhaha finally someone read it lol mines pretty scratched im guessing because of the times i was trying to get to the back seat through the middle of the driver/passenger seat lol dont ask me why ^_-v
lmao!!!!!!

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Mine is scratched, too. Very interesting! I haven't touched the plastic at all, only taking care to push the trip button... it's entirely possible that the thin plastic screen is put in by a human worker along the assembly line due to its fragile nature and that once they do, they just wipe it with a dirty worker's cloth from their pockets.

Anyone try eyeglass or computer screen cleaner with a microfiber cloth?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.