Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I clean my plastic gauge covers where the speedometer and tachometer are, there are some fine scratches. I can't seem to get rid of them and wonder what you guys recommend to remove it. Will Plastix remove the scratches?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah mine are bad as well.....previous owner must of used something other then a micro fiber cloth....it is too late for me, but you could try plastix.

I have heard using clear nail polish for such things as well......I once tried and made a mess, so be careful.

·
Registered
927 Posts
it will be hard to use plastx on it because you might spend 30 minutes per guage lol try it on your shifter first its the same plastic as the gauge one... i bet that plastic on your shifter is pretty scratched :p

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
ive got fine scratchs on mine too. Some how I did it. Ive owned the car since new. Ive only used microfiber cloths, so I dunno what I did wrong.

·
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its really annoying cause if they get worse then it will bother the heck out of me and become a distraction

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I know how u feel, Im they same way..... ecspecially in the sun, lol. Its one of those things that makes you wanna buy a new gauge cluster and replace it, lol.

·
Registered
927 Posts
so did you try it on the shifter first?
probably why you are wondering why i said 30 mins because you cant put pressure on that plastic because its hallow and if you press too hard it might break :p the plastic that we have will get scratched easily even if you use a wet microfiber :p i would take that plastic out and use plastx on it working with a solid backing like a counter in your kitchen or table :p then after you clean it lay a clear plastic that you use in your cell phone :p or clear bra ^_^v

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
it will be hard to use plastx on it because you might spend 30 minutes per guage lol try it on your shifter first its the same plastic as the gauge one... i bet that plastic on your shifter is pretty scratched :p
Mine's not scratched at all.

The solution for keeping your shifter in mint condition is to cover it with HK :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
hhahhaha finally someone read it lol mines pretty scratched im guessing because of the times i was trying to get to the back seat through the middle of the driver/passenger seat lol dont ask me why ^_-v

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
hhahhaha finally someone read it lol mines pretty scratched im guessing because of the times i was trying to get to the back seat through the middle of the driver/passenger seat lol dont ask me why ^_-v
lmao!!!!!!

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Mine is scratched, too. Very interesting! I haven't touched the plastic at all, only taking care to push the trip button... it's entirely possible that the thin plastic screen is put in by a human worker along the assembly line due to its fragile nature and that once they do, they just wipe it with a dirty worker's cloth from their pockets.

Anyone try eyeglass or computer screen cleaner with a microfiber cloth?

·
Registered
927 Posts
micro fiber cloth + eye cleaner will surely softens the microfiber more. It might help but those plastics are too fragile :p ill put badtzmaru cover lol... @versa2009 hahaha

·
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont know, but scratches on clear plastic is an eye sore Hyper they could of put some clear film protector to prevent such a tragedy! lol

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
6 Participants
Hschlick84
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing