Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...this is my first post. I have an 09 Versa S hatch that I've had for 2 years. Love the car. However, I'm having a minor issue with the finish wearing off around the climate control knobs. Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't clean it often, but use Armor All interior cleaner when I do. Everything on the interior is perfect except the round trim around the knobs with the markings on it. Very odd.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Hmm I have no idea why it's doing that. Mines 4 years old now, and I usually just use Meguair's interior detailer and my finish is still fine. Not sure how to prevent that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never used the wipes. Just the spray bottle. I usually spray it on a micro fiber cloth and wipe. However, this has only been done 6 - 8 times in 2 years! I would repaint the parts if I could, but not sure how without messing up the printing.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Mines like that too I asked nissan once and they had no idea why if you find a fix let me know

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before I break something, does anyone know how to get the rings off that are flaking? I may try to clean and paint them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 09 V. I was at 35,500 miles, so went to the dealership last week and they replaced the control panel for free. The guy knew exactly what i was talking about when I described the problem. Said he'd seen it on the "older" versas, but "the new ones don't do that". They also replaced the armrest on the drivers door that was coming off the door panel a little. Easy Peasy. Very great service.

Let me tell you, with the new AC controls it looks like a brand new dash. I didn't realize how bad it looked until it was replaced.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm starting to have that issue as well, it's definitely not as severe as yours but it looks as if a coat is coming off. I can't do anything for it, if I try it just gets worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I grabbed one of those fine green scotch brite type pads and lightly sanded the area. It appears to be the clearcoat bubbling up for some reason. I was able to remove most of the bubbling and roughness and didn't harm the printing at all. Not perfect, but much better than before.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had the same issues with my 09 V, and all I did was take a sponge and lightly scrub it off. Then I took Meguiars interior protector and sprayed it on them, and it was good as new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I'm having the same issue with the climate control knobs on my 2009 Versa. I'll post a pic of mine - they look just like yours, but a little worse. I've got about 34k miles - still under new warranty - but the dealership said they had never seen anything like this and refused to cover it. They said I had spilled something corrosive on it, or used some unauthorized cleaner. I plan to appeal to the manager or owner and to Nissan. I never cleaned the dials with any liquid. The most I ever did was brush a soft duster over them. I'll repost when I hear back from my appeal.
100_7275.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi - I'm having the same issue with the climate control knobs on my 2009 Versa. I'll post a pic of mine - they look just like yours, but a little worse. I've got about 34k miles - still under new warranty - but the dealership said they had never seen anything like this and refused to cover it. They said I had spilled something corrosive on it, or used some unauthorized cleaner. I plan to appeal to the manager or owner and to Nissan. I never cleaned the dials with any liquid. The most I ever did was brush a soft duster over them. I'll repost when I hear back from my appeal.
View attachment 989
That is pretty bad and it also seems this is very common for 09 Versa's hmmm :/

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine is just as bad as that. Nissan DOES know about this defect, so make sure you do not take no for an answer. I have an appointment Monday morning to fix mine, maybe try a different dealership?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2010 Versa. I had it into the dealership today for an oil change and asked about it. According to them, it's a known issue (the guy knew what I was talking about without even seeing it). However, since I'm out of warranty I have to pay for the repair & they quoted me $475 for the part. :yikes: They did offer me a $300 discount since I'm still under 75,000 miles but $175 (plus labor) is more than I have to spend on a cosmetic issue at this time. Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be trying some of the suggestions above.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts