Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just recently got a 2011 Nissan versa hatchback!
My first car and I'm digging it so far.
Put some HID's in it and am looking to hook up a speaker for my PA system.
Ive mounted the PA/CB radio system up and it looks super clean and hid all the wires going to the fuse box and stuff..

But theres one problem. When i go to plug the speaker cord in going to the engine bay of the car i notice that the firewall is completely sealed. I am not too familiar and knowledgeable of cars so i am wondering if anyone can help me.

I found out that poking a hole through the "grommet" is an option.
amongst others, but i do not wish to move anything.

So if anyone could guide me it would be so greatly appreciated.

Again I'm not a mechanic by any means so itll take some thinking for me haha

Ron
CA

·
Registered
452 Posts
look under the dash where your pedals are thats an easy access point thru the firewall thru the grommet

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
i did it when i ran my wires for my running lights oh and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

This is grommet left of clutch pedal. I'll be going thru here in spring.
Went thru with 14awg wire in my Sentra. No prob w several thousand km:D Welcome!

·
Registered
374 Posts
to go through the firewall i just drilled a 2" whole through it where nothing was located on the other side and just used a new gromet to fit it. And now i run all my accessories through there

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
just push it through really hard. OR just get a knife and shove it through to cut a slit, works either way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nvm. I figured it out. Just had to shine the light in the right spot. Man they really make the versa engine bay tight.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There is actually a few spare ones in there, I know one is kinda hidden in the top left if your looking at it from down in the footwell, it is under carpet, and it comes into the engine bay in the right corner, its where I fished everything through.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A very easy trick to do when having to wire through the grommet, is by taking a wire hanger and straightening it out. tape your wire to the end of hanger, i used about a 4" overlap and tightly wrapped it with painters tape, then slowly push through to the other side. In order to access it easy from the engine bay, remove the car battery. Others have said to remove the airbox as well, but i found it was unnecessary since i could push the wire hanger so far through. just push slowly and steadily and it goes through extremely easily!

worked great for my 4 AWG power wire that i had to feed through it. Just a little tip to make things easier. no need to drill new holes :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you are running anything less than 4 AWG, you can probably fish it out with a hanger and some tape, but if you go with a 2 AWG or larger you most likely will need to pull the airbox as the wire is not flexible enough to fish out in the tight space. I ran 1/0 AWG and had to pull the box because the space was too tight.

Side note, if you already have a short ram intake or cold air intake, it should be super easy to get wiring through the firewall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts