Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first oil change with Mobil 1 on our 2015 note.
Because of the odd amount of oil required to refill (I think the owners manual quotes 3 5/8 quarts with a new oil filter).
And because the best price on Mobil 1 is in 5 gallon jugs I had to estimate the amount of oil I put in.
Fortunately the Mobil 1 five gallon jug has a sight on the side and quart markings so I filled somewhere between between the 3 - 4 quart markings on the jug.
I let everything settle and checked the level and it is just a bit over the full marking (about 1/8 inch).
Should I be concerned? I used 0-40 weight, I'm a little surprised I still hear a tiny bit of valve noise... but I may just be paranoid because the car is still new to me and every little noise seems excessive until I figure out what the normal sounds are for this car.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
From what I've read on the internet, it is unlikely. I searched google quickly, and on a website called cartalk.com I saw a reply about overfilling that says:

A quarter of an inch on most dipsticks equals a quarter of a quart. And adding an extra quarter of a quart, or even half a quart, won't hurt anything.

I personally don't think that it will damage your engine, if you slightly overfilled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
sergmx
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing