Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i hopped in my new car to go to work this morning, cruising along in the city.

soon as i hit the interstate and get it upto 65+ i notice it was hard to keep it in the lanes. it only has 101 miles on it could it already need to be aligned?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I get that a lot too. Don't think its alignment related, most likely has to do with the car's body roll. Try getting a strut bar, makes the ride more stiff not to mention it also helps with cornering. Also try lowering the center of gravity meaning lowering springs, think that helps too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i didnt know only reason i questioned it is i let go of the wheel for a sec and i drifted into a different lane and normally that when i would go get an alignment

any strut bar better than another?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Try checking to see if all wheels are properly inflated. I had that issue too and once I put some air on one of the tires it went away. As for Strut bar it will totally be up to you, it's all about preference. I personally will like to get a DC Strut bar, just cause it looks beefier. But if you want something cheaper you can go for the UR (Ultra Racing) strut bar, it's about 30-50 bucks cheaper and I hear good things about it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i've had the drifting problem due to rutted lanes...car was fine on smooth pavement. Even subtle rutting can redirect a small car

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My mom's Sentra was like that. It was only 2 months old, and driffted to the left. I gave it back to the dealer and told them to aglin the wheels, and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Check tire pressure. Was it windy at all? Since it's so new they should align it for free if that's the issue.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
when i first got my car it would drift left really bad. dealership aligned it for free. but make sure the roads you are driving on aren't curved.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Versa's are hard to keep in the lane. They like to wander and I read about it alot online from drivers. People say it due to the high roof, high ground clearance, skinny wheels and steering. I noticed it as soon as I got a Versa. I like you thought there was something wrong until I read up on it. Not saying there isn't anything wrong but the Versa will never feel as planted as some other cars IMHO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.