Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Versa SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

The other day the stock exhaust gave out on my 2009 Versa SL. I'm planning on replacing it with the DC Sports single canister, single exit cat-back exhaust system (DC Sports® - Single Canister™ 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System with Single Rear Exit).

I decided I might as well replace my air intake while I'm at it and my options seem to be the DC Sports cold air intake (DC Sports® - Aluminum Powder Coated Silver Cold Air Intake System with Red Filter) or the Weapon-R short ram intake (Weapon-R® - Secret Weapon Aluminum Polished Short Ram Air Intake System with Black Filter)

I'd appreciate any advice or help from people who have experience with these kinds of modifications since these will be the first modifications I've ever done. The cold air intake is cheaper and seems to be better all-around if hydrolock isn't a serious threat, but it looks like a more complicated install. Ideally I'd like these installs to be as painless as possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the DC cold air intake and I highly recommend it; throttle response and acceleration improved with an awesome induction sound. One negative is during a carwash, some water made it up the pipe triggering a "limp" mode along with a check engine light. Reason this happens, even with heavy rain, was my fault for going WOT immediately after/during those circumstances. I simply removed the sensor, cleaned it and wipe off residual water inside the pipe. Note: I did drill out holes of the plastic covering/mold insert of driver-side fog light cavity.
I've recently placed an order for that very same cat-back. Really looking forward to replacing my current rusted out system and how much of a difference the car feels after.

Not a fan of short ram intakes unless sufficient airflow is circulating throughout the engine bay. It'll definetly improve response and induction sound however, power is questionable due to warm/hot engine bay air source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.