Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My dealership told me that my first oil change will be at the 5000 miles, for free.
Does that seem a little long for you guys?
Does it matter how long it takes me to get to 5000? I am at 3800 now in 2 months but have been slowing down as of late (school started)

·
Registered
11 Posts
5000 miles is no problem for the Versa engine. I've run the Mobil 1 Extended Mileage oil in my car with a change interval of about 13,500 miles with no problem. I even sent my used oil into a lab for analysis and they said the oil looked good and that I could have even ran it till 15,000 miles. A good quality conventional oil can handle 5000 miles no problem. You'd only need to consider shorting the change interval if you were racing the car around every where at wide open throttle or lugging a trailer around on a tow hitch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The recommended oil change interval is 5K. I like the MobilOne full synthetic too. It's only a few dollars more and my engine sounds better and gets better gas mileage. Maybe you could go longer than 5K, but that might void the warranty. I change mine at 5K. New oil is cheaper than a new engine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I run conventional 5w30 and change it at 3500-4k mile intervals in the versa.
Our new camry recommends 0w20 and 9000 mile intervals which is a bit too long in my opinion though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The owner's manual for my 2014 Versa Note recommends oil changes at every 5,000 miles or every 6 months, whichever occurs first. I assume it's the same for the 2015-2017 Versa Notes and 2012-2017 Versa Sedans since they all have the same engine.

·
Registered
216 Posts
As others have said, the service book is setup for you to get oil changes every 5k or 6 months (whichever is first). There is a few pages in the back of the book for the dealer to mark, date, and stamp each of those service intervals. Obviously not all of them are JUST oil changes, each 5k/6mo stamp is for an oil and filter change minimum and every so often there will be additional recommended service such as brake fluid or coolant flushes. If you plan to have the car for many years and don't want to have any hassle when you need warranty work in year 4+ it is in your best interest to get ALL your service interval stamps filled in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i got the unlimited and filter changes for free, for life. every 3k miles... from my dealer.
I got that thrown in on a Chevy I used to own.

I changed my oil religiously, every 3000 miles, but at around 50K, I had to have the engine taken apart to remove sludge...

I use full synthetic MobilOne now... And I buy my own high quality filters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
mrazndead
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing