Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an Illinois farm boy who fixes many things on my vehicles to save shop costs, but I'm having trouble finding Versa info, and hoped I could find some experts on this forum!

We have an '07 Versa, and tests indicate my "check engine light" is claiming a bad oxygen sensor (Bank 1, Number 1). I've looked long and hard online today, but can't find and good photos or DIY help.

I FINALLY found the sensor close to the engine, but access looks really limited, and I'm not sure how to go about the fix. I imagine I can save over $100 if I buy the part and do it myself.

Do there happen to be any "repair gurus" here who can offer some advice? Or, is there another forum somewhere that would be a more appropriate to ask this sort of question? I've replaced O2 sensors on other vehicles, but this one has me stymied, so far...

Thanks,

Hawkeye

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi! I already had to change this o2 sensor on my 2008, you can replace it yourself but you will need to go to the dealer shop anyway because nissan changed the brand of the sensor and for late production Versa 2008 there is no need to reprogram the ECU with this new sensor. But for your versa, you'll need to confirm with the dealer, i think you will have to go at your dealer to Reprogram the new o2 sensor with your OEM computer, if you don't the SES light will stay lighted.... in canada, quebec city to be precise, i paid 170$ for the sensor plus half an hour to reprogram the sensor.

To replace it, you need to remove the OEM air intake and the battery if you want to be "comfortable" to replace it yourself.

I hope this help!
Good luck man

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would locate a local auto parts store where you can purchase one.. In addition they should be able to offer to clear the codes for free after you install it.
He already have an computer to clear codes i suppose because he know exactly what the code said (sensor 1 bank 1 bla bla). For the sensor, he needs to get the OEM one and reprogram the new sensor With ECU. He can install it imself but not reprogram it, nissan changed the brand of the sensor because the original one have been replace on many versa since 2007. for the late production of versa in 2008 they programmed the new sensor too even if it's the old one installed, so if it broke (like in my case) the customer doesn't need to reprogram it at the dealer. If you want to make sure that the SES light will not come back for this problem, go for OEM install it yourself (saving an hour of job at the dealer) and then take an appointement to your dealer for programming the sensor (if it's needed you'll have to ask them, with your car information they'll be able to tell you) so it will cost you only half an hour of job and you'll get all your codes cleared by them.

Enjoy :thumb2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.