Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have a 2014 nissan versa and the trunk won't close. I bought this car new about 2 1/2 months ago. Went to the dealership and they say the trunk latch is bent due to my negligence and ill cost $206 to order the part and fix it because its not covered under warranty. I told them I've only open the truck probably 10 times and I never stuffed the trunk or had loose items rolling around. The service advisor was very rude and acted like I was wasting his time. I decided to call nissan North America because i wasnt getting no where with this idiot. the whole time i was talking to a nissan north america rep, the service advisor was acting like he had tourette's; banging things around and grunting. Finally nissan north america told me to fax a copy of my receipt and they reimburse me within 4 to 6 weeks. They have to order the part so hopefully ill get fixed by Wednesday. I've since notified the dealership via Facebook about their service advisors assholeness and that maybe they should reevaluate his competence. I'm pretty sure nothing will be done. Sorry about the rant, just a little frustrated.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
If the car is only 2.5 months old, I would really hope that the latch would be covered under warranty ...

I would definitely be switching to another dealership. Don't bother giving them anymore business.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I noticed the hatch on mine did not close correctly before I took delivery and they adjusted it before I picked it up. Then I heard some nuts or washers bouncing around inside the hatch a few weeks later when I closed it. Took it back for the 30 day check up and they found an extra nut inside the panel. They also checked the bolt tightening issue on the recall at the same time.

Suggest to you go a different dealership. You really don't need that type of abuse after purchasing a vehicle. You also should have gotten a evaluation survey report from Nissan after you purchased the vehicle. Make sure you include how they treated you on this report. The dealership and the sales people are graded on these surveys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have found that a nice letter to the dealership manager helps. And do what I did...take the dealership plate covers off or any other junk they put on your car that promoted the dealership and stuff it into a large envelope and drop it off at the dealership - then immediately call another dealership to have them do the work. I got a call back in 24 hours with an apology and some free service.

Car dealerships really need to work on their customer service. I mean, don't they know that we talk to each other? On an earlier car purchase, the dealership (not nissan) I dealt with treated me well and I ended up referring no less than three customers who purchased cars to them. On this last purchase at my local nissan dealership, I doubt they will get any new customers from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.