Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved my family $1000 after reading a post here on how to remove the fan blower and motor. My entire dashboard was vibrating any time I turned on the fan inside the vehicle above the 2 setting and I wanted to see if some debris had gotten sucked into the motor. The mechanic at my local Nissan dealer said I needed to remove the entire dashboard, which would be an 8 hour job and they charge $220 for a new motor. My husband and I decided to give it a go and we downloaded the service repair manual and followed the suggestion from a post on this forum. The hardest part was managing to get the fan rotor and motor out of the tight space w/o breaking it!
Sure enough the fan was clogged with a load of insulation from the engine compartment that a small animal had been tearing out to build a nest with. I guess that threw the motor off balance enough to make such a racket and vibration! After cleaning out the debris and putting the motor back 3 times (each time we put it back in the car we got a different noise) we got our perfectly quiet and fully functioning fan back.
I love that the forum made it possible for me to perform this repair!
I want to help others avoid getting skinned alive at the dealer!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
awesome job!
i had a critter stuck in the blower fan of my sentra.
it didn't have a cabin filter so he got right in there.
do you have a cabin filter? could you put one in anyway?
i think base models may not have the cabin filter
great work, tell us more about your v, and welcome to the nvf!

·
Registered
993 Posts
This is a problem a lot of ppl have on here, most do it themselves. I pulled some yellow construction paper out of mine. Most times its paper from the glove box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.