Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I looked as best I could on the forums and didn't see that anyone had purchased the ebay springs available for the Versa. I'm sure everyone would advise against them, but seeing as how there's no reviews to back that up, I went ahead and decided to be the guinea pig and ordered them today. They should be here within the next week and a half or so, and I'll let y'all know how bad/not that bad they are! :grin

·
Registered
691 Posts
There was another forum where a member discovered that the address for Megan Racing headquarters was the same place the no-name springs were coming out of. I mean, spring rates being equal, spring steel is spring steel. There's no magic to producing it that hasn't been figured out.

Just remember that when you change ride height by changing spring height, on MacPherson strut, you are also effectively changing the valving of the shock internally. So in other words you may need struts earlier on down the road, ride will also be harsher. I bought the Megan Racing springs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was another forum where a member discovered that the address for Megan Racing headquarters was the same place the no-name springs were coming out of. I mean, spring rates being equal, spring steel is spring steel. There's no magic to producing it that hasn't been figured out.

Just remember that when you change ride height by changing spring height, on MacPherson strut, you are also effectively changing the valving of the shock internally. So in other words you may need struts earlier on down the road, ride will also be harsher. I bought the Megan Racing springs.
I do remember reading that, but these were a different ebay brand. It's possible they're the same but these were about $40 cheaper then the ones he had posted. I'm prepared for a harsher ride and what they'll do to the struts. I tell that to every customer that wants to install lowering springs lol I'm saving to get coilovers in the future, but in the meantime I had to do something about the stock 4x4 height. And if I do blow my struts between now and coilovers, then I'll just use the shop discount and get new ones. No biggy

·
Registered
691 Posts
You working at an independent or a dealer? I'm at a tire place right now, we take on everything though. Buddy and me do side work/mobile service all the time too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You working at an independent or a dealer? I'm at a tire place right now, we take on everything though. Buddy and me do side work/mobile service all the time too.
I work at an Independent shop. We do a lot of lowered alignments, and suspension work, but we do everything. Aside from internal engine and transmission work. I don't think either is difficult, but my boss doesn't want to deal with the liability.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*****UPDATE*****

The springs arrived today! Tomorrow I'm going to work early to install them. I'll take before and after pics and tell y'all how they feel on the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
is this for the 2012-13 sedan...??
wuld luv to know if they are...
and any updates...thanks

part numbers wuld be a plus also...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry just saw your reply! These were for 1st gen sedan, they're only a tad shorter then the factory springs so most of the drop is from a softer spring rate. So far I like them. They do ride a little harsher then stock but so far I've put a few thousand miles on them and have no major complaints. I can hear my strut mounts starting to pop but I also have 76k miles on my car now so it could just be that, although I'm sure the springs didn't help lol

As far as part numbers, I don't have any. All I did was go on ebay and look up Nissan Versa Drop/Lowering Springs and there's a bunch that should come up for less than $100. You can even pick different colors! :grin

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad to hear you like them. It's inspiration to new members looking to mod their Versa. I love mine. No regrets.
I was a little nervous because of how cheap they are, but considering they're 1/3 the price of other springs and have the lowest drop rate I've seen for the V, I'd say they're a great bargain! Well worth the $60 or so I spent on them. Plus I got green so everybody thinks I have tein springs which is amusing lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
JoshG
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing