Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Are you talking about making one yourself, or seeing if they will make a versa catback?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If it performs as well as the only cat-back we have (DC Sport) I don't see why it wouldn't get a good feed back. Do let us know how that goes. Plus Flowmaster is very well known so you would take that into consideration too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 50 series on my pickup truck. I love it!
It's in combo with a 3" stainless cat-back.
I'm on my second one since the first one rusted out after maybe seven years. The new one comes with a warranty, so we'll see how this one lasts.
Can't really blame the muffler though. Most times there's more salt on the roads in winter than snow!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I had a flowmaster on my Chevy Blazer a few years ago. I loved it, Nice sound.
I wanted one on my versa, but decided to go with a custom cat back instead.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If you're feeling adventurous [or cheap:D] try muffler delete. See sig, sounds better with better speakers/headphones of course

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys so I got the flowmaster on full custom cat back on the V and all I have to say is even though I havent heard any of V's in person on the DC cat back. This sound is by far what i was looking for!!! :drool5: A Low growl that when you press the gas sounds like something chasing you. :sifone:pics and video up soon!!:hurray:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
:woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
2001 chevy blazer. Dark blue. It met a terrible demise.
No way.. I also had a 2001 dark blue.. was yours a 4 door ls? And mine also met a terrible demise.. my tranny was destroyed when I traded it in.. it only had 118,000 miles and it wouldn't go past 2 gear/35 mph.. good thing the stealership only drove it through the parking lot :) they gave me $2000

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Guys so I got the flowmaster on full custom cat back on the V and all I have to say is even though I havent heard any of V's in person on the DC cat back. This sound is by far what i was looking for!!! :drool5: A Low growl that when you press the gas sounds like something chasing you. :sifone:pics and video up soon!!:hurray:
Glad to hear that you like it, just 2 questions: 1- what is it like cruising at highway speeds? 2-how much did it cost you?

I was thinking of deleting the center muffler (resonator?) And replacing the rear muffler with a magnaflow/flowmaster. One of my friends suggested a cherry bomb and I proceeded to punch him in the face.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to hear that you like it, just 2 questions: 1- what is it like cruising at highway speeds? 2-how much did it cost you?

I was thinking of deleting the center muffler (resonator?) And replacing the rear muffler with a magnaflow/flowmaster. One of my friends suggested a cherry bomb and I proceeded to punch him in the face.
So cruising at highway speeds doesnt really change much, the V does feel like it has more "Pick Up" or acceleration right off the bat. However cruising really still feels the same you just hear that AWESOME rumble at times when giving it a little gas :ihih:

As far as the cost goes, I got a great deal. It was 199 for everything. Labor includ. I looked up a regular flowmaster set up and just in parts its about 225 to 300. So I would say I got away pretty clean from this MOD.:woot:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I meant more like is the noise annoying at highway speeds. Sometimes you just get a constant humming that's a little louder than you would like, especially for long drives

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not at all. Its not annoying at all at the highway speeds your talking about. I got a road trip im starting tomorrow from Tampa, FL up to New Jersey, so Im pretty sure by the time I get back I'll be able to confirm that even better for ya.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I had a flowmaster on a Cavalier 2.2 back in 1999. the car was way too quiet for me back then and the flowmaster made it sound louder but it didn't have a deep bass sound. then I added a cold air intake and the sound changed making it more loud. under tunnels and stuff sounded cool...lol
I think I paid 110.00 for the exhaust and installation then I bought an exahaust tip from the shop.
when I pulled out of the shop, it sounded like a total different car.
it took about a month for the sound to get louder.
on the highway I was able to hear it, but not too much. just a little. if I had the radio on, I was not able to hear the exhaust.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is exactly what happened with me!!!
It completely changes the way people look at the V now. Looking to hopefully get the CAI in there sooner rather than lately.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.