Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

I created a thread for queries for maintenance of several fluids...
I'll also try answering any if i can.

I had few queries...

Referring to the changes mentioned on Nissan U A E (dubai & Northern Emirates) | Our Service Prices

1)Difference between Transmission Fluid Change and Transmission Flush
Nissan does not recommend Tranny Fluid flush at all strictly. But this page says Transmission Fluid Change @ 40K.

What is the difference between both?
When my transmission fluid was changed, the plates, and gaskets below were removed to drain fluid and were cleaned. Then transmission fluid was inserted by inserting a huge funnel above the dipstick...
What method is this? and is this correct?

2)Brake Fluid Change at every 40K.
I havent changed my brake fluid and im 115,000 on odo.
But the color is alright. Do i require a change?

3)Coolant at 80K.
I'm 115,000 on odo, and never had my coolant changed either. Everytime i go for service, the coolant has reduced between max and min level, and the service center fills their coolant.
What is this coolant change @80K and how important is it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I talked to some auto engineers a while back regarding a similar question. They all said to basically throw out the maintenance guide and take their advice. Change oil and filters regularly at 7,500 miles or 6 months. Do not change any other fluids unless necessary. More damage comes from breaking the seals and replacing the fluids. You can add trans fluid, but that is it. You've already verified it by going the extra miles. Basically, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Since long life coolant appeared a couple decades ago, I've never changed coolant, only topped up.Same with brake fluid.
I also will not be changing cvt tranny fluid in my Altima at recommendation of service dept at Nissan dealer, only topping it up.
I change with cheap synthetic oil with mid grade filter every 10000km.
Air filter once or twice a year.I heard that Nissan air filters are oiled to trap finer particles.
This is the same service schedule i used for my 01 sentra too, and got over 300000km without any mechanical miscombobulations [replaced two coil packs and a maf sensor]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since long life coolant appeared a couple decades ago, I've never changed coolant, only topped up.Same with brake fluid.
I also will not be changing cvt tranny fluid in my Altima at recommendation of service dept at Nissan dealer, only topping it up.
I change with cheap synthetic oil with mid grade filter every 10000km.
Air filter once or twice a year.I heard that Nissan air filters are oiled to trap finer particles.
This is the same service schedule i used for my 01 sentra too, and got over 300000km without any mechanical miscombobulations [replaced two coil packs and a maf sensor]
This is exactly the advice of the auto engineers. Glad your car is running well. In the event something requires a fluid change, then of course do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.