Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changing the clutch in my 2016 Nissan Versa S and wondering if anyone knows about the specs of Fly Wheel bolts? Iv Googled for a wile and cant find anything just the bolt socket witch said they weren't for the versa. Mostly what kind of pattern/torque specs/socket is used. I ordered new bolts from the dealer but he didn't know to much off hand. Has any one else replaced their flywheel?

·
Registered
940 Posts
80 ft.lbs.

No pattern, just jump across to opposite side over and over until done. Use a lower step before going higher, it evens out the torque better. Say to 10 all to make sure all bolts and the part are bottomed, then 50, then 80.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Because I resent the OEMs trying to force people to take the cars in to them only to fix at exorbitant rates, they change the heads of bolts up simply to make the job more difficult, to make you cave in. Not only that, E type socket heads can tear up bolts easier if the socket is not held in true perpendicular to the flywheel surface. The corners round off easier. Not to mention the correct tool can be harder to find if not in the big city.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I strongly agree, this has been a "fun" experience. To add to knowledge i also learned that the pressure plate to flywheel bolts specs are 11 Foot Pounds then to 19 Foot Pounds (at least that is what the dealership said). Those are the only torque specs i'v encountered with a flywheel and clutch change. AND A BIG THANKS TO MY BUDDIES WHO HELPED!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Run-Em-Till-Dead
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing