Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2012 1.8S SE (special edition) hatch that does not have fog lights. I haven't checked to see if it is pre-wired for them or not (where would I look, and can it be seen without taking the bumper or anything else off?).

What I'm looking to do is install fog lights, but have them wired as DRL so they are on as soon as I start the car. I know that if I'm pre-wired for fogs, this should be easy, otherwise, it might be fairly expensive. If this isn't an option, are there aftermarket LED kits that would work as DRLs that are good quality and look decent?

Oh, one other thing I was thinking about...adding LEDs on the side mirrors that are connected to the turn signals. Has anyone done this, and if so, where did you source your parts, etc...?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You do not have to remove the bumper. You can remove the bottom splash cover located under the bumper or remove the wheel well fender liner or both

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I had asked the same question before about wiring my fogs as DRLs.

Getting my hids installed Saturday. Not sure if I'm going that route anymore though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I had asked the same question before about wiring my fogs as DRLs.

Getting my hids installed Saturday. Not sure if I'm going that route anymore though.
Unless you get a different relay kit than the one that comes with the HID's you won't be able to run the DRL's. The stock DRL is just the highbeams running on half the wattage or something like that, and they don't have enough power to turn on the HID's. One will turn on/flicker and one will probably just do nothing, so you will have to pull the DRL fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a new 2012 1.8S SE (special edition) hatch that does not have fog lights. I haven't checked to see if it is pre-wired for them or not (where would I look, and can it be seen without taking the bumper or anything else off?).

What I'm looking to do is install fog lights, but have them wired as DRL so they are on as soon as I start the car. I know that if I'm pre-wired for fogs, this should be easy, otherwise, it might be fairly expensive. If this isn't an option, are there aftermarket LED kits that would work as DRLs that are good quality and look decent?

Oh, one other thing I was thinking about...adding led tubes on the side mirrors that are connected to the turn signals. Has anyone done this, and if so, where did you source your parts, etc...?

Thanks in advance.

I have tried these mirrors with LED lights. They just look beautiful. I will share some pics in next post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts