Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

i'm new to this site but i hope it's helpful. i just put a 6000K HID kit in my versa and it looks amazing. the only problem is i get a lot of fog around the area i live in and really need fog lights now. i have cut outs in the car but it's not wired or anything like that, so i need a full out fog light kit, that includes all the wiring and mounts and what not. i plan on putting the 3000K golden yellow bulbs in as the lights themselves.

Thanks to anyone who reads and helps me out

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome, if you want authentic OEM kits you should go to versaspeed.com. But that's gonna cost you a hefty sum, 300+. If you just want them to work and don't care they're not OEM you should do what a lot of the members here have done and get an ebay kit. They go for 100 or so. Or you can even go as far as just buying a set of fogs from Walmart and custom fitting them yourself, which some of the members here have done as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome, if you want authentic OEM kits you should go to versaspeed.com. But that's gonna cost you a hefty sum, 300+. If you just want them to work and don't care they're not OEM you should do what a lot of the members here have done and get an ebay kit. They go for 100 or so. Or you can even go as far as just buying a set of fogs from Walmart and custom fitting them yourself, which some of the members here have done as well.
Also somewhat interested in fogs, probably eBay. I have a question, I noticed that I am indeed wired for fogs when I had my fender liner off for CAI installation...but I of course don't have the switch on the signal stalk for them. Do the eBay ones come with a switch you install somewhere? Without a switch do they just turn on when you turn the lights on (like you had the switch on the stalk set to on, it does this in my dad's LEAF) I wouldn't mind that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just order the new signal stalk and wire up the lights since you are pre-wired for fogs. No wiring is involved by going this route if the wiring plugs into the fog lamps. Changing the signal stalk is easy and takes just five minutes.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 26085 miles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
towards i <3 my HR16DE-

it's a 2009

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Order the stalk from Courtesy Parts, etc?

Found it. $78.
I called them and they said the kit it self doen't come with all the wiring so I'd have to buy the housing and everything. And that was gonna be over $1000. My car is not wired for fogs so I need a kit that includes the wiring

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I retract my statement about my car not being wired for fogs. I called a part company and they said the wiring should be taped up in the cut outs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just order the new signal stalk and wire up the lights since you are pre-wired for fogs. No wiring is involved by going this route if the wiring plugs into the fog lamps. Changing the signal stalk is easy and takes just five minutes.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 26085 miles
Hello,

how exactly did change the stalk? I can not even open the cover to get to it. Thanks.

EDIT: Did it. I was a bit scared to apply some force when trying pop up the cover.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm getting an eBay kit and getting a new headlamp switch from Nissan. Should only cost like $150 for everything and look factory. Mine is also prewired and I'm doing the yellow fogs as well, you can get that kit from DDMTuning.com for like $50

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm getting an eBay kit and getting a new headlamp switch from Nissan. Should only cost like $150 for everything and look factory. Mine is also prewired and I'm doing the yellow fogs as well, you can get that kit from DDMTuning.com for like $50

Just a note, in general the DDMTuning hid kits bulbs are bigger then some of the other kits in both circumference and length. I've gotten 3 kits from them and have been happy with all of them. But on the headlights I put them in (TYC projectors) I had to file out some of the opening to get them to fit. Also, I would STRONGLY recommend getting the relay for them as well that wires them directly to the battery. Simply swapping in an HID kit is not safe without one and can ruin the actual headlight switch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah. I had a kit I put in my Firebird (swapped to open beam) and it used the same bulb as the versa. So when I sold the firebird I put the kit into my grandparents versa and it went in no problamo lol but those were headlights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.