Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very much wanting fog lights. My question is, what is the best economical way to do this? I've seen kits on ebay for upwards of $100, was wanting to do it cheaper. Also, how hard is it to wire and how would you turn them on and off. This is completely new for me.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
I want "OEM" fogs but can't afford them at moment so I have Wal-Mart fogs. I've had them for almost 2 years and no issues. They've been great to me, and for the price, I can't complaint. :thumbsup:

There's a DIY in the how-to section if you're interesting. :)

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
OEMs are made for the Versa. Walmart fogs are universal and alot cheaper. They're $20. They're not as deep as OEMs so there's a gap between the fogs and the covers but it's not really that noticeable. Like I said, I've had mine for almost 2 years. They're good.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
It's up to you. Mine wasn't prewired from factory so I had to wire the fogs myself. Since yours is prewired I'd suggest saving up for OEMs. You'd have to get the switch as well, which could be around $50 so you'd be looking at around $150. A lot more than $20 but it's worth the wait.

On the other hand, if you want Wal-Mart or universal fogs($20-$30) you'd have to run the wires like I did which isn't hard, it's just time consuming. It could take a couple hours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that if the car is pre wired then there is no switch needed because the fogs will turn on with the normal low beams?
I heard the same thing! Anyone have that answer, I almost bought the Walmart fogs last night, but decided to wait.

·
Registered
130 Posts
they normally arent wired to the headlights, but you could just tap in a relay kit to the headlights so theyre synced with them. thats what i did with the ebay halo projectors fogs i bought, fit and aligned perfectly first try with the mounting brackets.

Reactions: derpingaround
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.