Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Versa 1.6 has no fog lights but was looking into installing them. They have those stupid looking black inserts and was wondering if it is already wired up or if anyone knew of any kits that I could find?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Best bet is ebay kit, cheaper than $330 OEM once. And car should already be pre-wired for fogs, all you need is the stalk or you can just use switch that ebay kit comes with for the time been. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Let me ask you this, was your Versa made in United States? 2009-2011 USDM Versas aren't pre-wired for fogs. I have a 1.6 as well and I wanted fogs so I had to wire them myself. You can either get an Ebay or Wal-Mart kit. Difference? Wal-Mart kit doesn't come with the fog covers but you can cut them yourself and save $$$. They come with a switch and wiring harness. They're about $20. There is a gap between the fogs and the covers but its not that bad. I've had mine for a little over a year and most people don't know the difference. Service manager at Nissan thought they were OEM. I have pics in my album.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Ebay Style come with Cover for fog, fog (with or without HID) Wire + Relay + Fuse and Switch in car (you don't have to drill a hole for installation of this switch) juste remove the caps below the steering! ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I put OEM lights in my car. I realize that Nissan calls them foglights but they aren't proper foglights, they are just another set of driving lights. I never use them, but they look better than having those black plastic pieces in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do the OEM just click into the holes in the bumper, with no other drilling, screwing, etc needed? How are they aimed?

My biggest worry about aftermarket fogs is actually mounting and aiming them.

Cheers,
Craig

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do the OEM just click into the holes in the bumper, with no other drilling, screwing, etc needed? How are they aimed?

My biggest worry about aftermarket fogs is actually mounting and aiming them.

Cheers,
Craig
The OEM lights slide into a tight grooved cavity and are held in by one bolt in the back. There is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the light for adjusting the light only up or down. I do not remember if it takes a long screwdriver or allen to adjust. My 2009 Versa S was pre-wired, however, I ordered a new turn-signal stalk that had the fog-light addition which communicated to the Body Control Module to operate the fog lights.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 41400 miles

·
Registered
4 Posts
The OEM lights slide into a tight grooved cavity and are held in by one bolt in the back. There is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the light for adjusting the light only up or down. I do not remember if it takes a long screwdriver or allen to adjust. My 2009 Versa S was pre-wired, however, I ordered a new turn-signal stalk that had the fog-light addition which communicated to the Body Control Module to operate the fog lights.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 41400 miles
Thanks dude!

Anyone who has installed aftermarket ones, how did you mount and aim them?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
09 1.6 is not prewired for fogs. I know because that's what I own and I checked already.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Yeah, I have a 2010 1.6 as well and I had to wire mine. I don't have OEM fogs yet but my Wal-Mart fogs work for now. I've had them for 2 years with no issues. Better than the fog covers alone. For $20 can't complaint.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2010 1.8S, so it came with the power package, but i didnt want to have a separate switch on the stalk. instead i got a 8$ relay harness that tapped into the headlight wiring so that they could turn on together. i went with the ebay halo projector fog kit, and they work flawlessly. epic projection and came out pretty clean, with the halos are wired to the parking lights. i "dremeled" out the fog light panels with a drill bit

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just keep my fog light switch on and when i turn on my headlights it triggers them as well and turns off when i turn the headlights off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone tried out the Clear Spyder foglights on CarID? I've been looking into them and might order a set, however I'm not sure which way would be best to activate them. Any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts