Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wanted to know for those of you that have the basic hatchback S model
if you found the oem foglight kit to fit the port hole on the front bumper?

If there are no oem's available , what are some alternatives to putting some fogs on this versa?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/recommendations,

troyH

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The oem kit will fit. In order for the OEM kit to work, your versa needs to be prewired for the fogs. Did you purchase the power package? If so you are ready to go and need nothing but the OEM kit. If you did not get power package, then you are not prewired, and would need to go aftermarket. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
some S models have the fog light wiring. look down into your engine bay or pull back your wheel well and if you have wiring thats wrapped up with a plug then ur set!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They do come prewire but don't you need a diffrent light switch stalk? Thats what I heard somewhere on here anyways.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
They do come prewire but don't you need a diffrent light switch stalk? Thats what I heard somewhere on here anyways.
yes you need a different one if your going the OEM route

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I got an aftermarket kit that looks exactly like stalk, except the switch fits into the blank spot down where the interior dimmer and mirror controls are, looks perfect stock, like it belongs there. Was very easy to install, and can't imagine the wiring being any easier. It was on ebay from sabresport I believe.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I got an aftermarket kit that looks exactly like stalk, except the switch fits into the blank spot down where the interior dimmer and mirror controls are, looks perfect stock, like it belongs there. Was very easy to install, and can't imagine the wiring being any easier. It was on ebay from sabresport I believe.
Hey would you mind posting a pic of your switch? I have the Wal-Mart fogs, which are pretty good, but I don't like the switch. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ADOversa: Where did you buy your foglight switch again?
I'd like to get one of those to.
I am going to check tomorrow but I don't think my Versa S model comes pre-wired.

If my versa is not prewired, what do you guys suggest I do? Where should I buy my foglight kit from that would fit the notch outs on the bumper?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Idk try getting in,contact,with the,company
Thats a good idea, thanks.

And TroyH...Ebay has a few fog light kits that come with wiring so that's one of the options. Wal-Mart also sells fogs that fit where the OEMs go and they're alot cheaper(almost $20) and they're pretty good, I don't like the switch but I got a universal switch from Advance and looks better in my opinion. There's a how-to if you're interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Cube-Murano-Versa-Fog-Light-Driving-Light-Pair-/270701133293?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3AVersa%7CYear%3A2011&hash=item3f070b7ded

I checked out ebay and came across these. Can you guys check these out too and let me know would you feel comfortable buying them? How about securing them to the cutouts on the versa ? How do you actually secure them ? I see you have to do some trim cuts to actually open up a hole for the lights to come through the inserts.
I emailed the seller and asked them do these come with wiring as well?
Now all I need is a switch like Adoversa and I'm set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
light kit?

respondingversa: Thanks for the info on the light kit. this looks like the one I'll go with. Do you know what the switch looks like on this kit?
Do the light fixtures attach to the bezels using secure screws?

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
respondingversa: I see these lights fit 07,08,09 models, but I didn't see they fit my 2011 model so I emailed sabresports on this and they told me these do not fit 011 models. Are there that much of a difference in the 2011 model versa's? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I see these lights fit 07,08,09 models, but I didn't see they fit my 2011 model so I emailed sabresports on this and they told me these do not fit 011 models. Are there that much of a difference in the 2011 model versa's? Suggestions?
All 07-11 Versas have the same bumper...some Versas have the sports package which, in that case, the bumpers are a little different but it's the same model so you're good. :thumb2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.