1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I would get the one for the Versa instead of a universal one. Honestly I would get an OEM one used from a junkyard before any of those.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
considering $60 for after market to $300+ for OEM Used. I cannot afford that kinda punch for something like this..

·
Registered
440 Posts
I paid like $38 for mine shipped off eBay. It looks like its meant for the car and doesnt have any of that cheap looking plastic chrome.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
search ebay for tiida armrest and several different ones pop up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
search ebay for tiida armrest and several different ones pop up.
yeah kinda did that already.... just trying to get info on the ones they have as I do not want to just throw money out the window...
they got 2 main styles on Ebay.
1. the kind that mount in the cup holder.
2. the kind that use a metal bracket bolted to the sides of the center counsel.
out of the 2 I want to know what one is over all a better one to get.
how well do they wear over time and so on.

·
Registered
674 Posts
yeah kinda did that already.... just trying to get info on the ones they have as I do not want to just throw money out the window...
they got 2 main styles on Ebay.
1. the kind that mount in the cup holder.
2. the kind that use a metal bracket bolted to the sides of the center counsel.
out of the 2 I want to know what one is over all a better one to get.
how well do they wear over time and so on.
I bought the one that mounted in the cup holder, and it fits fine. In my 2012 sedan I did not have to screw the armrest in at all. It was a snug fit, and worked out great. Came from China, but the quality of the workmanship was fine, but you have to be patient regarding delivery. Anything sold in the U.S. ran about $120 and up, and was of the second type you mentioned. Good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the one that mounted in the cup holder, and it fits fine. In my 2012 sedan I did not have to screw the armrest in at all. It was a snug fit, and worked out great. Came from China, but the quality of the workmanship was fine, but you have to be patient regarding delivery. Anything sold in the U.S. ran about $120 and up, and was of the second type you mentioned. Good luck!
yeah I know from my airsoft hobby that china delivery is slower than conception and birth for an Elephant... but yeah that is what I was looking for! Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mine too was the one that mounts in the cup holder. Its all black and the top of it is a pleather type material. It does feel somewhat flimsy but it has worked out great so far. Does not look aftermarket at all IMO. It fit so tight in the cupholder I didnt even use screws to keep it secured plus I didnt want to do that to my brand new car.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I paid $35 for the OEM center piece with armrest of an SL from ebay, from a junkyard in FL. Search for damaged versa's, and ask the seller if they would be willing to sell the armrest. You will get a better deal that way. They think it's not popular, so they won't sell it, unless you ask. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not a bad Idea!! I got a friend who drives tow truck maybe he can keep his eyes out for me....

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
that one from amazon looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Rental companies negotiate to buy cars in bulk, so they are usually decontented/configured/packaged slightly differently.
Like VersaS2009 and Deadeye said, keep your eyes peeled for some easy DIY scoops

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is my new Armrest. It doesn't grip the inside of my cup holder that much. But it does the job.
it looks good! I might go with something like that and do some mods to it so it will stay in place like a rock. after many years of doing costumes and props, I learned a few tricks to make things work well....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
Dead Eye
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing