Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up folks!!!
My name is Julio but go by TK on the internetz.
Here's my cute story, I bought a '09 sedan for my uncle under my name. He was supposed to pay it. Well, a year ago he blew the engine and lost his job within a month. Dealer wanted 4k for a new engine. He didn't have money so he waited to, "come up" with the money for it. He never did. Yet he still made the payments until last December. He couldn't make more payment and started being late. Needless to say, my credit score got punked and I started getting the annoying calls from Nissan Financial.
So I just repo-ed the car from him and now I own this Versa with a blown motor.

and this is the new engine with just 5k miles and it only cost $750 on craigslist.

since the car spend a whole year a the dealership lot the mechanics started picking stuff from it. so I'm missing a few parts. Tomorrow I'm hunting down an intake manifold and I'm ready to roll. I should have the car ready by next weekend. If I can figure out where everything goes lol

I'm glad I found this forum full of people that like this car. I plan to make some mods to it but nothing crazy. Here my list of to do things:
-Stock Versa wheels and have them chromed
-Fog lights
-Roof Rack/bike rack
-modding the grill

BTW, all the cars I've ever owned are Stormtrooper White

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome. Wow what a way to get into a Versa. If more parts for motor are costly, is it worth it to try an MR20 motor? There's a nice MR20 install thread here. Hope it works out, and enjoy the STWhiteV:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a new intake manifold was $240 at the dealship. But the swap engine was supposed to come with it. I'll just have to use my big boy voice tomorrow when i call them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
welcome, and sorry about all your probs! instead of the MR18 you should of maybe got an MR20 :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Too bad about forcing the ride... have seen this a few times. Been there done that.

Get it back together.. add a few mods, and call drive it like you stole it.

White sedan's are fun.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
welcome to the forum,
read your story, what a bummer.
sorry I'm nosy but why the warranty didn't want to fix the car? if the car payments are late it doesn't mean its out of warranty unless it has over 60,000 miles.

Hope you get the Versa fix

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks or the welcomes!.

The reason the warranty didn't cover it was because my uncle never put oil in it. They told him if he bring a receipt of an oil change it would cover it. :facepalm:
But oh well, it could be worst.
I like the car. After a drop it should be decent. It's an automatic. I'm not really happy but I can live with it.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
welcome! sell the 1.8 and buy a 2.0 :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ha! a 2L would be cool but no thanks. I get 15mpg on my vw. That's enough hotrod for me. Tranny swap? that would be cool. Who knows, maybe after I pay off the car.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
ha! a 2L would be cool but no thanks. I get 15mpg on my vw. That's enough hotrod for me. Tranny swap? that would be cool. Who knows, maybe after I pay off the car.
the irony is the 2.0 seems to get much better real world mpg then the 1.8.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Yea the 2.0 sentra gets a lot better mpg than the 1.8 versa. I used to have one I went 500 miles hwy and still had a quarter tank left! It was nice. Now thw 2.5 ser or altima is ok mpg but no 2.0 or 1.8. Now the spec-v its ok. But crap when ur talking mpg in a 4 bangger! Only thing I hate bout mine

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.