Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nissan Versa 2012, 60K miles

A couple days ago something scary happened.

I was parked facing uphill. I started the car and shifted into D. It shifted with a big "clunk" that made the whole car jolt. I took my foot off the brake and stepped on the gas, but nothing happened, the car just rolled backwards. The dashboard confirmed that it was in D, but it would not accelerate. I put it in park and restarted the car. Everything was normal again. Should I worry? Nothing similar has happened since.

Nissan is notorious for CVT transmission problems, but fortunately it's covered for 10 years/120K miles according to this Nissan CVT Warranty Extension.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nissan Versa 2012, 60K miles

A couple days ago something scary happened.

I was parked facing uphill. I started the car and shifted into D. It shifted with a big "clunk" that made the whole car jolt. I took my foot off the brake and stepped on the gas, but nothing happened, the car just rolled backwards. The dashboard confirmed that it was in D, but it would not accelerate. I put it in park and restarted the car. Everything was normal again. Should I worry? Nothing similar has happened since.

Nissan is notorious for CVT transmission problems, but fortunately it's covered for 10 years/120K miles according to this Nissan CVT Warranty Extension.
2012S ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. 2012 WARRANTY:3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain

Frequently asked questions about the extended warranty:
Q3. What vehicles are included in this program?A. 2003-2010 Murano; 2007-2010 Versa SL, Sentra, Altima and Maxima; 2008-2010 Rogue; 2009-2010 cube®.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts