Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback.
To give a bit of a background. I purchased the audio 7 speaker upgrade system from the factory. Two years after I purchased the car. The stereo stopped working, the CD's got jammed inside the double din stereo. So I took the car in and had the stereo replaced under warranty. A short while later my blower for the heater and AC stopped working. I would turn it on and the lights for the AC and everything would come on but no air would blow. By this time the car was over three years old, I was told the blower motor was possible going and it would need to be replaced. After the service tech messing around with it, he was able to eventually get it going. So I didn't get it replaced as I didn't have the $500+ for parts and labor to get it replaced.

About a month or two later the unit stopped working again. Only this time I just left it turned on and it eventually started working on its own. So I let it be again.

Just recently. The car is now just over four years old. The blower motor did it again. Only this time when it stopped working. It stopped working just as my wife was getting in the car. When she got in the car she ended up banging the front dash with her knee right beside where the AC button is and the blower started blowing right on the spot again. So I kind of kept it in the back of my mind and would wait for it to happen again. Sure enough a few weeks later it happened again. When it did I gave the dash a little bang with my palm right beside the AC button and sure enough the blower motor started blowing again.

So this leads me to believe that it isn't quite necessarily the blower motor that is going but rather the a part behind the dash is either loose or damage.

I mentioned the stereo being replaced as this all really started happening shortly after it was replaced. And I really have no idea what is behind the dash itself. I would imagine there are circuits boards and electrical wiring and everything else back there. So I am curious if it is possible something was damaged when the stereo was replaced by accident. All that is left on the car for warranty is the power train warranty. So I am curious what all is in that area for electrical wiring etc. Like where is the AC control board located and what else is there as well? I know most cars usually have all of their control boards in one spot and usually each board controls multiple things.

This is really hard to explain in a forum but I hope someone understands where I am getting at and what I am asking for. If anyone can tell me what is exactly back there, maybe some pictures of hat is back there. I have been searching the net for days and it is like finding a needle in a hay stack and I can't find any information or pictures that I am looking for at all.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
877 Posts
I drive a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback.
To give a bit of a background. I purchased the audio 7 speaker upgrade system from the factory. Two years after I purchased the car. The stereo stopped working, the CD's got jammed inside the double din stereo. So I took the car in and had the stereo replaced under warranty. A short while later my blower for the heater and AC stopped working. I would turn it on and the lights for the AC and everything would come on but no air would blow. By this time the car was over three years old, I was told the blower motor was possible going and it would need to be replaced. After the service tech messing around with it, he was able to eventually get it going. So I didn't get it replaced as I didn't have the $500+ for parts and labor to get it replaced.

About a month or two later the unit stopped working again. Only this time I just left it turned on and it eventually started working on its own. So I let it be again.

Just recently. The car is now just over four years old. The blower motor did it again. Only this time when it stopped working. It stopped working just as my wife was getting in the car. When she got in the car she ended up banging the front dash with her knee right beside where the AC button is and the blower started blowing right on the spot again. So I kind of kept it in the back of my mind and would wait for it to happen again. Sure enough a few weeks later it happened again. When it did I gave the dash a little bang with my palm right beside the AC button and sure enough the blower motor started blowing again.

So this leads me to believe that it isn't quite necessarily the blower motor that is going but rather the a part behind the dash is either loose or damage.

I mentioned the stereo being replaced as this all really started happening shortly after it was replaced. And I really have no idea what is behind the dash itself. I would imagine there are circuits boards and electrical wiring and everything else back there. So I am curious if it is possible something was damaged when the stereo was replaced by accident. All that is left on the car for warranty is the power train warranty. So I am curious what all is in that area for electrical wiring etc. Like where is the AC control board located and what else is there as well? I know most cars usually have all of their control boards in one spot and usually each board controls multiple things.

This is really hard to explain in a forum but I hope someone understands where I am getting at and what I am asking for. If anyone can tell me what is exactly back there, maybe some pictures of hat is back there. I have been searching the net for days and it is like finding a needle in a hay stack and I can't find any information or pictures that I am looking for at all.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is a link to the 2009 shop manual. It sould contain the information you are looking for. From your discriptiono, it sounds like it may be a defective switch, loose wire, or you may want to have look at the fuses that pertain to the ac system. That info should be in your owners manual, or on the fuse box itself. Good luck!!
Nissan versa repair manual - free eBooks download

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. Here is a link to a great movie I found in YouTube about taking the front console apart.
If you are doing it , be extremely careful with the top dash cover, my electrician broke it by mistake.
I have had a similar problem as you can see in the thread I have opened. Initially my electrician did a repair on the circuit board behind the controls, but it helped for a month. Then he replaced the board, and it didn’t help at all , but giving a kick to the blower motor made it start. I have purchased a new blower motor on eBay for 145$ and installed it by myself. Hope that the problem is solved for now.
What I would recommend you to do : The next time the ac blower motor misbehaves, take the glove box away (4 screws on the buttom, and 4 screws on the top inside the glove box), find the round blower motor on the left hand side and punch it, if it starts, then it need to be replaced. It possible to reach it even when the glove box is assembled, if you have a thin hand.
It is much easier than messing with the center console and there is a very good chance that the blower motor is the problem.
In a few hours when I will be home, I will post some pics that may help.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
When the blower fan dies, does it work again when switched to high, and die again on any setting other than high? That indicates blown or loose blower resistor [fan speed controller]. If fan is still intermittent while on high, then it's not the resistor.
I believe that resistor is in the blower duct easily accessible from passenger side. Hope it helps.
I have some relatives in Summerside, welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.